• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock XJ Prices + Where are they going?

saybye

NAXJA Forum User
Im sure some of yall are like me, a few spare minutes in a day, jump on CL and see whats on there. HOLY COW. I cannot believe the prices people are asking for these things these days. Rare? 10 years ago, no. You could (or I could) basically pick one up on a weekly basis for 500-1000 bucks for a early 90's model.

Im finding out more and more that those days are long gone :(

Kbb 1200$ XJ's people asking 3500-4000$ and so on depending on mods, etc.

It SUCKS. :lecture:

Sure does.

I mean I realize that a lot have been cut up of the years Im guilty of that myself but I never would have thought the prices would sore like they have on these things. May be different in other cities but around the Chattanooga area its crazy.

Cash for clunkers took a ton of them off the road. Then guys are parting them out and the rest are getting beat up wheeling. I'm trying to find a clean virgin rig and it is tough, especially when trying to find lower mileage.

They're out there. You just have to watch for them.

I paid $2,500 for my 99 with 142k on it in excellent shape last year.

I don't think the rarity of them are what's causing the high prices but the fact that they're so popular now.

I buy them cheap and part them out if they're terminally I'll but if not I fix them and sell them for $2,500-3000.00. 97+ only, though.

I paid $3,600 for mine with 137,000 miles and factory stock everything.

I should have passed on it, but at least the passenger floor is fixed now. :/

All the deals usually pop up when I'm at work and by the time I'm off their sold.

Started the drive down to atl last weekend to buy one, got to dalton and the guy texts me saying he just sold it. Talk about pissing me off :wow:

There's a good looking one in Knoxville I've got my eye on but we,re about 300 apart on price and I just can't pull the trigger on it yet

It varies and also depends on what someone will pay.

Down here I've seen a '99 XJ with 120K on the clock, 4wd, aw4 etc. $1200. I've then seen a nearly identical one for $5k.

MJ's are even worse (granted those are more rare).

$1000 MJ's down here are being LISTED (not sure on actual selling prices) for $3-4K and $2500 MJ's (which to me is a NICE truck) are listed from $5K-9K.

It's a hunt but the reasonably priced rigs are out there...folks are just being stoopid with their asking prices and unfortunately some folks pay those prices...kinda like the CJ and TJ market was so bad for a while. Rust buckets going for $10K plus was just goofy. But now I see decent TJ's for under $5K starting to pop up and decent CJ's for the same.

All the deals usually pop up when I'm at work and by the time I'm off their sold.

Started the drive down to atl last weekend to buy one, got to dalton and the guy texts me saying he just sold it. Talk about pissing me off :wow:

There's a good looking one in Knoxville I've got my eye on but we,re about 300 apart on price and I just can't pull the trigger on it yet

I get the deals with my craiglist app that notifies me when someone posts something that fits my search criteria. If it's a good enough deal I take the rest of the day off and go get it on the spot.

Deals are out there. My buddy bought one out of SC last year; a '99 4.0 Sport for $1,800 I think. Pretty nice, interior is an 8 out of 10, paint job is about the same. Seems to run very well.

I get the deals with my craiglist app that notifies me when someone posts something that fits my search criteria. If it's a good enough deal I take the rest of the day off and go get it on the spot.

CL app.....?? I'll be looking that up. I agree the rigs are out there but they go quick. This guy isn't helping my state at all!

Grand Cherokee ZJ's & WJ's are going for less and seem plentiful, Looks like this is where I'll go next time around due to the lack of available XJ's.

I found a '93 today. Not bad but $3500 seems way to high. 163K miles.

Then there are people like my friend Adam, in the looking for wtb add, who found a 98 for $1K..... grr!

Back