• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock-ish Wheels for my XJ

I dig my Grizzlies.
Chero-yak.jpg

Nice backbone.

Zluster

I really don't mean to offend here, so please don't take it that way.

But am I the only one who sees the soft 8's and thinks they just look terrible?

To me the soft 8's scream cheap(and not a good cheap, more like a I'm a person who cannot afford basic maintenance and wants different wheels mullet cheap).

I couldn't agree more.

Those are sweet but pretty difficult to come by. As far as I know, they only came on columbia edition TJ's. Notice they are a darker grey than those found on the late model Classic XJ's.

I didn't know they came on columbia edition TJs, mine came off of a 2004 wrangler X, and I've seen one other wrangler X with wheels of the same shade of grey (the darker wheels must have been an option?).

-To xtrememtbiker-your XJ looks sick, I love moabs on XJs in any color, but the black goes great with your bushwackers & bedlined lower panels.

I didn't know they came on columbia edition TJs, mine came off of a 2004 wrangler X, and I've seen one other wrangler X with wheels of the same shade of grey (the darker wheels must have been an option?).

-To xtrememtbiker-your XJ looks sick, I love moabs on XJs in any color, but the black goes great with your bushwackers & bedlined lower panels.

Thanks, thats actually rustoleum on the rockers. took a whole weekend to sand downa nd prep and paint it all so it came out nice. Wheels took a long time to paitn too but was well worth it.

I really like my '99 Classic Eccos, didn't realize there was a darker grey though. Only downside is the darn center caps fall out. (Looks like the dark grey ones above have been replaced with light grey JY caps) I've lost three at this point and at $25 a piece to replace I've decided to run without them.

I've never been a fan of the black Soft 8's, but I must say I think they look pretty slick with the Jeep OEM center caps. :thumbup:

Those are not the same fyi, the ones on the j8 are different size/design and the first pic is 15x7 the second is 15x6.

I know man. That's why in my follow-up post I said:

oh, and those J8 rims are actually 17x8, but they look pretty much the same as the 15" version that fits our XJs.

(and yes, i know the JKs run a 5x5 lug pattern while our XJs run a 5x4.5)

Whoops my bad, didnt see that post, thats what happens when you get instant email notifications, it does nto link you to the latest post always. LOL

Another vote for Eccos, the dark grey versions though, found on the classic

2227947024_086278cb19_o.jpg
Did no one else notice this XJ? Did my computer compress it, is it photoshopped or is it actually chopped and put back together missing the majority of the cargo area?

Did no one else notice this XJ? Did my computer compress it, is it photoshopped or is it actually chopped and put back together missing the majority of the cargo area?

I noticed it, the poor thing looks like a damn yugo! I hope its just a decent photochop job.

Hehe, I was waiting for someone to question that photo. It's my XJ, photoshopped. I think it's do-able in real life. It would require rear coilovers and a linked suspension (one of many flaws in the photo). The limited bit of cargo area left would be consumed by the coilovers and a fuel cell. It looks funny, but I think it would be pretty cool. Can't beat the departure angle.

i would kill for a set of the dark gray eccos for my wifes 2000 she has grizzlies now

but on my 88 icons are the way to roll
oldblue-2.jpg

Back