• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

still over heating

alright I'm taking it back out so I can go wheeling. don't know what else to do

Test it while it is loose!!

You can use an orifice!!!! But it will be slow to warm up in the winter.

Are you sure the E-Fan is being operated by the ECU/PCM properly?

Does it have an E-fan?

the efan only kicks on when it gets close to redline. I really don't think it's an air flow issue. wheeled it hard tonight and it stayed pinned at 210* the whole time. I will test the tstat though. I think I'm gonna end up having to take it in to a mechanic I don't know what else to try

the efan only kicks on when it gets close to redline. I really don't think it's an air flow issue. wheeled it hard tonight and it stayed pinned at 210* the whole time. I will test the tstat though. I think I'm gonna end up having to take it in to a mechanic I don't know what else to try

I disagree!!! The E-fan should be turning on by about 210 F at the T-stat housing!!!!! Not at red line on the rear of the head. That sounds like your problem!!!

Have you tested or replaced the temp sensor in the T-stat housing? The ECU reads it, and then operates the _e-fan through a relay. If the ECU is getting low temp data like 180 when it is really 220 F, then the T-stat sensor is your real problem!!!! Be sure to get a dealer T-stat temp sensor, not aftermarket!!!!

Alternatively just reinstall the T-stat and run the e-fan with a dash switch to a relay. ON when wheeling, or AC on, or hot summer days, then off in winter.

I disagree!!! The E-fan should be turning on by about 210 F at the T-stat housing!!!!! Not at red line on the rear of the head. That sounds like your problem!!!

Have you tested or replaced the temp sensor in the T-stat housing? The ECU reads it, and then operates the _e-fan through a relay. If the ECU is getting low temp data like 180 when it is really 220 F, then the T-stat sensor is your real problem!!!! Be sure to get a dealer T-stat temp sensor, not aftermarket!!!!

Alternatively just reinstall the T-stat and run the e-fan with a dash switch to a relay. ON when wheeling, or AC on, or hot summer days, then off in winter.

actually today the fan was kicking on right at 210. so I guess it's fine. both sensors have been replaced. the one for the gauge reads acurately. both of them are aftermarket. she was happy all day in the hot sun without the tstat

Back