• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stereo question(aux bus in)

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I shouldn't post this without having all the info about the stereo but I can get that if it makes a difference.

My deck is an older sony one and it has RCA inputs on the back labeled AUX BUS IN. I was assuming before I read it that it was just a standard RCA input jack but it seems it's not(googled some but I'm so out of it with car stereos). Is there some way without buying an expensive adapter or reprogramming that I can use it for my sirius satellite radio? Right now I'm using a standard headphone input on the front but I'd like to clean things up with the wires going into the back.

Is it just one of those sony things that they want to work a certain way and that's it basically? Kills me that it has the input but I can't just use it as a normal input. I'm pretty sure the deck is XM ready so that's why I was hoping there was a way to use it with my sirius unit.

That input will only be activated when a changer or adapter is plugged into the changer input(lame). At least you have a headphone jack.

How old is "older"? Well SIRIUS/XM are the same now. SO it may work. Have you actually tried plugging in it to that port? Newer decks are cheap enough now, I would say pick up a newer pioneer/premier unit.

How old is "older"? Well SIRIUS/XM are the same now. SO it may work. Have you actually tried plugging in it to that port? Newer decks are cheap enough now, I would say pick up a newer pioneer/premier unit.

I forgot about this.

Old as in maybe 4 years old. My sirius player is about 1 year old though, post merger. I tried plugging it in and it didn't seem to notice it was there. I didn't however have the sirius antenna plugged in so it may have not noticed it because it wasn't putting out any audio.

What xm unit do you have? I'm assuming that since you're able to use it now through a headphone jack that it's a stand alone unit with a seperate display from the sony receiver? If this is the case then you will need an interface adapter that will allow your sony to dosplay and control your xm. However, you may still be able to clean up the wires using the bus input. if it's an RCA style input go to radio shack and pick up an RCA (male) to 3.5mm jack (female) then just run your audio out from xm to the back of the radio and take your time running the wires. A large (2 ft) zip tie with the receiving end cut off makes an amazing wire feed tool.

What xm unit do you have? I'm assuming that since you're able to use it now through a headphone jack that it's a stand alone unit with a seperate display from the sony receiver? If this is the case then you will need an interface adapter that will allow your sony to dosplay and control your xm. However, you may still be able to clean up the wires using the bus input. if it's an RCA style input go to radio shack and pick up an RCA (male) to 3.5mm jack (female) then just run your audio out from xm to the back of the radio and take your time running the wires. A large (2 ft) zip tie with the receiving end cut off makes an amazing wire feed tool.

It's a starmate replay something or the other. I wasn't worried about using the sony deck to control the sirius function. I'm fine with using the sirius deck as display and control. I just wanted to use the rca inputs on the back of the sony deck to clean things up. I already have the cable required for it, just the deck didn't seem to detect it. Only thing is it doesn't say simply aux input, it says "aux BUS" which as mentioned seems like it's a sony only thing and won't function as a standard aux input as on other decks.

When I was messing with it I didn't have my sirius player antenna hooked up so it wasn't putting out audio. I did use an iPod to test it and the aux BUS didn't work with that either. The iPod works fine with the front input and also with my home stereo using the RCA jack adapter cable.

I'm guessing whatever is ment to be plugged into the aux bus input sends some signal to the sony deck. The inputs are ignored until it detects whatever signal it needs.

Back