• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stereo problem

offroadxj07

NAXJA Forum User
I am having a stereo problem in my xj. When I center the balance on the cd player it starts making weird noises when there is any bass. I have to change the balance almost completly to the left side to make the noise stop. Also when I removed my front speakers it made the sound then as well. What can I do to fix this problem since my stereo sounds a little weird when it is only to the left side

you may have a crossed speker wire someware. im assuming its an aftermarket head unit.

What kind of weird noise are we talking about? Hiss, crackling, static, hum, clicking? Could be a number of problems from lousy wiring, to running power next to speaker lines, to unsecured speakers, etc...

It is crackling but also sounds like electricity would sound. It is a really weird noise. If I bring my balance to the center I can play it normal at low volume but if I get it even moderatly loud it starts making the sound, mainly at times with bass. I wish I could find a video of a similar sound because it is very hard to put words to it. lol sorry if that didnt help much I will think for a while and maybe ask some other people how I could describe the soudn if I cant find a video on youtube

Back