• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering upgrade??????

mattyj said:
I dont DD mine, but the steering if anything is more precise feeling than when i was running my old TRE set up.
The heims are also life guarenteed... so if they ever get sloppy im covered. So far they are still tight as hell.

Thanks.

I noticed you went with the Race-Proof upgrade for the tie-rod. Did you upgrade the drag link to Race-Proof, or did you get the standard drag-link?

Just curious, why Race-Proof and not Rock-Proof? Rock-Proof is only $20 more for the tie-rod? Is it way overkill? Too heavy?

I'm pretty sure I will order one soon, I just not sure about all the options. I will get the OTK kit (only $15), but I am not sure if I should go for the upgraded rods?

Thanks for your comments!

ocean_jet said:
Thanks.

I noticed you went with the Race-Proof upgrade for the tie-rod. Did you upgrade the drag link to Race-Proof, or did you get the standard drag-link?

Just curious, why Race-Proof and not Rock-Proof? Rock-Proof is only $20 more for the tie-rod? Is it way overkill? Too heavy?

I'm pretty sure I will order one soon, I just not sure about all the options. I will get the OTK kit (only $15), but I am not sure if I should go for the upgraded rods?

Thanks for your comments!

I got the standard 1.22" dia drag link... didnt think i'd beat that up as much as the tie rod.

I was concerned about going too big on the tie rod... i still would rather it bend than break a rod end or a knuckle. Plus i was thinking about clearances at the diff cover & coil buckets at full lock.

I went with the upgraded rod ends to get the lifetime warranty..

mattyj said:
I got the standard 1.22" dia drag link... didnt think i'd beat that up as much as the tie rod.

I was concerned about going too big on the tie rod... i still would rather it bend than break a rod end or a knuckle. Plus i was thinking about clearances at the diff cover & coil buckets at full lock.

I went with the upgraded rod ends to get the lifetime warranty..

Makes sense. Thanks Matt!!

Back