• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering box brace

There has been more cases of a frame cracking due to a steering brace that is too stiff going from the box to the other side frame. Just think about it, you are then fitting another type cross member which will mean any frame twisting and flex is transferred directly to your steering box on the other side!
When I make my steering braces I have use mountain bike handle bars which still allow enough flex to stop the steering box mount from cracking while still giving it support. I have been running it now for about 7 years and no problems at all or for the others I have made them for.
See my site for details www.go.jeep-xj.info if you want to go that way or fit the frame plating as mentioned above.

The T&T kit has an all steel inner frame plate as well as the outer frame plate. It was cake to install and everything lined up nice. I wouldnt hesitate to buy it again or recomend it to anyone.

Back