• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steel tail lights

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been looking at building my own steel tail lights like JCR's. But need an idea of how because it looks like it could be quite a project to tackle. Any infomation here would help me out. Thanks

i dont think buying and building the product yourself will save you much money... i'd go with the upgrade and buy the upper 1/4 panels/ tail light combo for 160

what year? if its a pre 96, it wouldnt be to bad, just a box with 3 tabs on it and cutouts for the lights. post 96 would be a whole diferent story. lots of curves to match to make it look clean, but the same basic idea

Talk to Jesse A in the So-Cal chapter, he made some for his 01 last year.

i dont think buying and building the product yourself will save you much money... i'd go with the upgrade and buy the upper 1/4 panels/ tail light combo for 160
I wish the whole package was only $160.
Look closer, its over $300 for everything.

Heres the pics for you Oil town XJ.

downsized_10040920481-1.jpg

downsized_11050916071.jpg

downsized_11050916101.jpg

Heres the belly skid I built also, like DPG's and JCR's

downsized_1105091610a1.jpg

Thanks islanderoffraod, ill shoot him a PM

whoops =X its add 110 dollars lol i was looking at the add +10 for the tail light protection, and thats good enough for me cuz it's still protecting the lights... the bumper will protect the rest

Back