• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

State inspection in PA

kr2590

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever had a problem having their XJ pass state inspected in PA after they have disconnected ABS system? Is it only a problem if the ABS light is on? I was going to disable the light in hopes that would solve the inspection issue.

That really comes down to who's doing the inspection. Some mechanic's will bust balls, and some won't.

I hate ABS. So, every vehicle I've driven that came equipped with it, got the ABS relay removed. I've never had a problem with inspection due to that.

In MA your fine as long as its the abs light only. If the BRAKE light is on its different. When the ABS system doesnt work it just reverts back to normal brakes.

<-pa inspection mechanic.......as stated above, abs light does not fail, brake light does, and believe it or not, airbag light doesn't fail either

Yes it will pass... but just pull the relay from under the hood and your light will go out. Havent had the relay in years now.

Back