• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stalls when driving...now nothing

Ok.

No fuel pump--the ignition switch supplies power to the fuel pump relay, and the PCM provides the ground to energize the relay.

You need to determine if the relay itself, or power, or ground is causing the fuel pump to quit.

Good luck.

everything checked out good. Im lost. Quick question the wire on top of the fuel pump, is this the ground if so im going to relocated that to a better spot because its all rusted.

Ok.

No fuel pump--the ignition switch supplies power to the fuel pump relay, and the PCM provides the ground to energize the relay.

You need to determine if the relay itself, or power, or ground is causing the fuel pump to quit.

Good luck.

I checked all my wires leading to the fuel pump, and they all look good. I am going to open my steering column and check the ignition wires.

Don't just look at them... check with a meter. Check the fuel pump relay.

Also (forget if its been said already) check your grounds. If you are missing one it will partially work, two will be very flaky or dead in the water. One from the negative battery terminal to the inner fender and one from the firewwall to the back of the head.

allright there is power to the fuel pump relay, no prime......assuming its the pcm because the truck has no spark either. I just need your guys's input?!

I got power at the fuel pump relay, so im thinking its the pcm. Also i have no spark. I just need your guys's input?! also can i use a pcm from a 91 to a 96 ass long as it is federal emissions? thanks

Test to see if the PCM is providing a ground to the fuel pump relay socket--if not, then it is likely the harness or PCM.

got a refurbished pcm, truck crankedover...started...drove.....then decided it wanted to stall on me. Im getting really fustrated just throwing parts at it. Any other ideas. Thanks to all for the help

Also does the crank position sensor if malfunction cause a no fuel problem also...even though i did change it im thinking it could still be faulty

Back