• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STaK 2 speed Monster box

clockingposition.jpg

Sorry, I didn't catch this thread until it went a few pages back.

Ya, the case is in, I've got about 1,500 miles on it, and I just sent it BaK to STaK on Monday because of problems I was having with it. If you plan on using this in a Daily Driven application, I would go with an Atlas as I don't think STaK has all on the bugs worked out yet when the case gets hot at high speeds (extended freeway driving).

Hopefully they'll be able to work everything out with the case in a timely manner, as right now I'm borrowing a buddy's truck. This case has been nothing but problems for me since the beginning :(

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535877&highlight=daily+driving+stak

Last edited:
got any pics of the shifters coming up through the floor? from the pics on Pirate it looks like you cut a big hole in the trans tunnel to the side of your seat??

Jeepin Jason said:
got any pics of the shifters coming up through the floor? from the pics on Pirate it looks like you cut a big hole in the trans tunnel to the side of your seat??

I had to cut a pretty big hole in order to make the case work with the TnT skid. The skid raises the tranny mount up 1" as it is, and the case is huge, so that made it a bit more complicated. I also had to raise my seat about an inch to clear the new tunnel.

stak3.jpg

stak2.jpg

stak1-1.jpg

stak4.jpg

The tape is temporary. I have tabs welded under the plate steel in specific places. I'll drill and tap where the tabs are and run some nice stainless allens in to hold down the covers.

Back