• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SRT8 GC MOTOR SWAP TO MY 99 XJ

Do it if you have money to waste in case you cant make alot back in selling parts the economy is bad might be harder to part than we think..just my opinion.

Do it if you have money to waste in case you cant make alot back in selling parts the economy is bad might be harder to part than we think..just my opinion.

Its not a waste if he gets a 6.1 Hemi to work in his XJ. I would love to see it!

I dnt have the $ to waste. I do have the time bc I've been laid off from work for the psst year and a half. I sold my race car a few months bck and the. Buyer dint want the blwer to go with it so I've had it layin arnd am rather than losin my ass $ wise to sell it ill put it to use on this project and mak one sick ass xj. And I will make itwork bc my fab guy was raited # 2 in the state of I L by Fords NMRA.

yeah i have a small procharger layin arnd from my last race car. the buyer didnt want to pay for that so i will make use of it rather than losin my ass trying to sell it at this time. once completed i will have a badass xj to play w . you no what thy say remove one addiction to replace it w another well speed and offroading are my drugs

you will NEVER have traction:D forced induction str8's will blow almost anything outta the water. that setup in a lighter xj platform would be sweeeet.

Brace the unibody bumper-to-bumper and the inside of the front framerails, engine and tranny, custom headers and exhuast, have the stock wiring harness redone with extra junk removed and i dont think the t-cases can be modded for 2wd (youll need a built t-case to handle the power, think Atlas)

His name is freddy out of mokena. He worked for tommy z forever thawent over to mike lopez at high speed and now has his own shop. My mind drw a blnk on name but he has done all the bad ass cars runnin arnd the chi lately and mine and my cousin were the first cars he did frm his garage so I've been talkin w him abt it and he says we will mak it work no mtr wht

Well I put the cash up today. Welcome to my new project. I will have the car in the nxt week and it goes straight to my guy shop to go under the torch. I will try and keep a build thread to keep every1 updated. I hope we can get this done fairly quicky since this is my only car but as u all posted its to good to pass. As for a stroker I did that already so I will have a goldn 4.6 for sale once completed. Ill run that post whn ready but it has 12' on it. I am going to use the full drivetran includin axles bc his had 430 gears which will help over my stock gear. My only chang I'm lookin for is to elm“n the full whl driv so I can opt for it whn needed and enjy the pwr whn I want it there also. X ur fingers say a pray. For me whatevr u beleav in bc frm the looks of things ill need a maricle to mak ths come out the way my mind sees it. But whn I'm done I fell ill have a bad ass srt8 xj with 12 lbs of boost through a small procharger I have layin around and some hankook 32 mud tires

I wouldn't do this to a DD... it's going to be a months-long project most likely. Weeks at the very least. Will be an awesome result though once you get it working.

Also... silly complaint, can you please not abbreviate words like that? :( It makes it really hard to read.

Can't wait for the pictures, assuming you post any - this is gonna be fun to watch.

Sh1t's gonna be badazz. A build thread would be sweet. I'm wanting to see dyno numbers and the custom fab. Maybe even a spread in JP mag. Oh yeah, I pity the first guy who needs a strap and hooks it to your rig. :shocked: Best wishes. JB

ill do my best with a thread. when the time comes i may need help hosting the pics ive never been able to do that without using photobucket but in due time friends. im glad im getting support ive had alot of friends ? my thoughts but im set on having a fun setup and without the race car what better to build than a JEEP

For hosting images - imageshack is a lot easier to use than photobucket imo, and not as restrictive. All you have to do is go to imageshack.us, click the right buttons ("browse", find the right file, click OK/open, click Upload) and then copy the text in the box after "Forum" then paste here. Even makes a neat clickable thumbnail image.

Can't wait to see this... hope the engine fits well between the frame rails. That'd be my major worry, fitting the engine+exhaust manifolds between the rails on an XJ, it's going to be tight probably. You can probably read a few threads in Advanced Fab that will show what others have done, I believe Sherman The Tank's thread is a good example of shoehorning a V8 in.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=998382

Post images at imageshack.us. Great site and it's free.

I love the idea of this, but to hear it's on a DD has me worried. Not about the end result, but the time/money to complete this swap. There is WAY more to this than you think, so tread lightly before tearing down your DD and ending up without transport for months.

I'm part of a race team myself (compete in the SNORE series) and I can tell you that this isn't a quick job. On top of just making it fit, you'll need to provide major strength to the unibody and other areas of the XJ as well. Toss a cage in for sure too! Not as much for safety, but to give your XJ a chance to survive the body twisting power that thing is going to produce.

I'll end with this - it isn't always the guy with the most power that wins a race, but rather the guy that can USE all the power that his vehicle produces.

Anyway, just my .02 on the subject. It sounds killer and I want to see it done, just make sure you're up for the complete challenge. Good luck!

Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm not jumpin ahead myself I need to get it here and start a real build plan. Yes I'm hping to use as much as possbl so I have one sick ass build howevr I hav had all the sam concers evry1 has mentiond so only tim will tell. I own them both so it all comes dwn to time

updates?

Did you end up buying the SRT8?

If you have it, and are looking to recoup some cash by selling off some of the SRT8 parts, let me know. I need a few things for mine.

Back