• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SPRING CLEAN AT REDBIRD MAY 30th

I'm out. The 2nd boys wedding is on the 30th.

JIM.

$30 for 3 years. It's a pain to register an out-of-state vehicle though, and you can't be street-registered and ORV tagged at the same time.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4278.htm

I AM NOT A RESIDENT OF INDIANA, WHAT DO I DO?
First, determine if your home state requires ORVs/ OHVs or snowmobiles to be registered. In this case, registration is defined by IC 14-16-1-9(b) as

(1) A certificate of registration containing the following:
(A) The number awarded to the vehicle.
(B) The name and address of the owner.
(C) Other information that the department considers necessary.
(2) Two (2) decals indicating the vehicle's registration number and the year in which the registration will expire that must be attached to the vehicle.

(C) A certificate of registration must:
(1) be pocket size;
(2) accompany the vehicle; and
(3) be made available for inspection upon demand by a law enforcement officer.
In Indiana, an ORV or snowmobile registration certificate includes the vehicle identification number (VIN).

CAUTION: Many states have “permits,” “decals,” “passes” and/or require titling. THESE ARE NOT REGISTRATIONS and do not allow you to ride in Indiana without a valid registration.

If your state requires ORV registration that complies with the information above, then IC 14-16-1-19 allows out-of-state residents use of our facilities for up to 20 days a year.

Indiana recognizes most out-of-state snowmobile registrations, but many out-of-state ORV registrations are not compatible with Indiana’s legal definition and information requirement.

Out-of-state residents may register their ORV or snowmobile through the Indiana BMV.

Last edited:
Let's plan on meeting at 9 AM EST at the campground, which will hopefully end up with us on the trail by 10.

If you are operating a vehicle or riding along a volunteer form must be completed. This is our ticket into the park for free while we clean up Trail 21. Once 21 has been ran and cleared of any trash (which sometimes includes our own mirrors :D) we have the rest of the day to run whatever. The park closes at 5 PM EST, so we have to be off the trails by then.

Post up a headcount if you are for sure attending.

1) IllianaXJ

1 - IllianaXJ
2 - BRIANHO13
3 - ExTankerGuy
4 - Poorboy87
5 - GoSlowGetStuck
6 - Overdriven
and maybe....
7 - JeepChic in her 03 Grand Cherokee WJ

I'm sure I'll be there.

1 - IllianaXJ
2 - BRIANHO13
3 - ExTankerGuy
4 - Poorboy87
5 - GoSlowGetStuck
6 - Overdriven
7 - (MAYBE) JeepChic in her 03 Grand Cherokee WJ
8 - BTaylor

They can do the OFFROAD permit there, I can't remember how much it was though

$30 for 3 years. It's a pain to register an out-of-state vehicle though, and you can't be street-registered and ORV tagged at the same time.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4278.htm

Yeah I would just put plates on it. It's road legal. Just needs valid plates, and ins put on it. My birthday is in June, and I didn't want to plate it in May then turn around and have to buy another set of tags in June,

Back