• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spare Tire Configuration

FitchVA said:
looks like a Durango4x4.com

Bingo.

Pros: The bumper itself is very stout and has taken some good hits at Moab and on the Rubicon. It fits the lines if the XJ very well.

Cons: The swingout has issues. With a 32" spare on, it wobbles, a lot. The latch leaves something to be desired as well. I plan to cut the latch off and build a new one. With some reinforcing, the swingout will be fine. The finish is textured and is hard to maintain. I also plan to have it re-powdercoated to match my ARB up front. It is expensive.

xjohnnyc said:
I've had my C4X4 setup for a few years now. I kept the initial cost down by buying it used in the NAXJA classifieds.

The main reason I don't like roof racks is that I keep my Jeep in my garage every night. :) And the whole COG thing... Plus I've had to change a tire on the trail several times. The latest being this past week. And it's nice having the spare in a lower position.

DSC00448.jpg

I really like that tire carrier.

Back