• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

southern nac meet and greet?

ya don't need to be an official events coordinator to coordinate events. ive setup a few meet and greets without having an official title.

Pick a nearby restaurant.

Pick a time, make a thread, and let people post up.

If it involves a lot of people, call and make a reservation.

There's literally like 5 minutes involved.

i just tell people where and when to be, call in a reservation and boom. 40 people show up during a snowstorm.

Southern NAC? NJ isn't the Southern NAC. VA is! But there doesn't seem to be many NAC'ers down this way...

Seems like southern starts at ny. Its a nightmare to get from this area to the new england area. I cant say ive ever seen someone from va at a naxja event.

:( Yeah, everytime there is a naxja event that I could possible drive to, some other obligation appears.. I'm gonna make it one of these days! But NJ and up is a long way...

Zip myself and a bunch of guys from Cherokeeforum in MD/NoVA meet pretty regularly if you're interested, usually around Bowie, MD.

haha there area a ton of us in SE PA, we had a M&G in lancaster at shady maple one time I think, which was alot of fun, but someone has to speak up.

Zip myself and a bunch of guys from Cherokeeforum in MD/NoVA meet pretty regularly if you're interested, usually around Bowie, MD.

Didn't know that. Cherokeeforum doesn't load at work... :bawl:

bob we are close to central if va is part of nac. Bob we just had one at your house. it was john,john,bob,bob,katebob,bj,and me.

Sounds like it was a confusing party...

We should see if we can have one at the bbq place next to victor's work.

I'm in York, PA all area the time because my parents live up that way.

If i had the time to do it myself i would have. But with buying a house it leaves me no time to plan anything.
I'm not buying that excuse. :moon:
I'm building one and still have the time to coordinate things like NACFest. :D
ya don't need to be an official events coordinator to coordinate events. ive setup a few meet and greets without having an official title.
Technically, by the bylaws, that's incorrect.
However most of the time things like ChickenFest end up turning into offical things anyway since all but maybe one BOD member show up. :laugh:
i just tell people where and when to be, call in a reservation and boom. 40 people show up during a snowstorm.
Truth!
All the "hard work and planning" goes into events like NACFest and RocktoberFest. M&Gs are easy.

Come talk when youre a single parent of 2 and doing absolutely everything on your own.

That's different from your original post of "no time because of buying a house".

Having 2 kids I can see.

Either way, if you have a spare 5 minutes you can throw together an informal M&G.

Buying a house and getting it ready to move into is what takes up all my extra time right now. Im settling in the next few days and if it wasnt so close to nac fest id give it a shot.

Come talk when youre a single parent of 2 and doing absolutely everything on your own.

Hey now, I was just poking fun.
I don't even want to imagine that.

You're at least coming to NACFest again this year right?

We should see if we can have one at the bbq place next to victor's work.

The owner of the BBQ place said as long as I give him notice no problem. Now my boss(owner of the property) won't give me a answer. So if this does happen at the BBQ it will have to be on a Sunday, when the shop is closed. Just keep in mind we would have to bring chairs to sit on or the back of the Jeeps.

Back