• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sorry, this annoys me. Does it you?

92xjdean

NAXJA Forum User
These little popup boxes that pop up all the time when I'm not even mousing over the text in the thread!

annoy1.jpg

Zuki-Ron said:
Golly, is that all it takes to set you off? :helpme: :twak: :conceited

I wouldn't say it "set me off" LOL, just giving some constructive criticism. :cheers: Most car websites I'm on only display the box if you "mouse over" the text. This websit pops them up everywhere it seems.....

Personally, I like that feature. I get to get an idea of what the thread is about without having to load the thread. My pet peeve is people who can't come up with a title that says what is in the thread.... Like

Re: Sorry, this annoys me. Does it you?

:gonnablow

It's a feature, not a bug, enjoy it...

RichP said:
It's a feature, not a bug, enjoy it...

Spoken like a true engineer :D

I kinda like it personally.

old_man said:
Personally, I like that feature. I get to get an idea of what the thread is about without having to load the thread. My pet peeve is people who can't come up with a title that says what is in the thread.... Like

Re: Sorry, this annoys me. Does it you?

:gonnablow
I like the feature too, it should only work when you mouse over the text though, not the whole line. The purpose of the title is to make it interesting enough to read, not give all of the details of what's inside.......it worked, you read it :roll:

I'd have to go with old_man. Is it really such a big annoyance? If they change that then some people will be annoyed that they have to mouse over the text to get the pop up box. There's no way to please everyone. So, you just accept that nothing will ever be perfect and deal with the minor annoyances.
P.S. This isn't advertising, you're not selling anything. The title should let us know what's inside, generally speaking.

BlackSport96 said:
I'd have to go with old_man. Is it really such a big annoyance? If they change that then some people will be annoyed that they have to mouse over the text to get the pop up box. There's no way to please everyone. So, you just accept that nothing will ever be perfect and deal with the minor annoyances.
P.S. This isn't advertising, you're not selling anything. The title should let us know what's inside, generally speaking.

Sorry , I disagree with you. Go with old_man if you want, I'm not asking anyone to pick sides on this really "hot" topic here LOL! You guys are over analyzing and taking my comment way to seriously. Geesh!!! I just wanted to make a general comment about the little popups is all. You're right on one count, you can't please everyone. You're not right on the comment about the title.......the title can be anything I make it because like you said, I ain't advertising to sell anything. And besides, is the title really big enough to tell the whole story to be told? I couldn't place my printkey in the title could I? Can someone please provide me with the rules of posting in NAXJA for crying out loud???!!!! It's in the non tech off topic forum, if that's a hint to you........

XJduality said:
Like the baloon tips, they are your friend.

Does anyone read the posts, well do they???? I never said I didn't like them, I said I didn't like the fact that they pop up on the whole line and not just when you mouse over the text like most other websites...........I give up!:D

There's no rule bout the title, I was just giving my opinion on how I feel a title oughtta be. It doesn't have to be "I think popup bubbles are annoying when they appear over the whole bar, other sites are different, why aren't we?" :) I'd go with something like "Sorry, these popup bubbles annoy me, how bout you?" Still short, but it gives an idea of what's inside. But then I suppose we could also just read the popup bubbles...:D
I do tend to read the popups, usually, but not every time. My only analysis is just that you don't like the way the popups work, others do. Change it to please you and the others who agree, and those who disagree will complain. Since its a minor irritant to those who don't like it, why bother putting in the effort to change?

Muad'Dib said:
Thats when any good web owner would toss the hat to someone else.

Well.....

YOU are a member, that makes you a OWNER.

So....are you saying that you want to step up and take over the websight managment?

I really do not see this as a big deal, but I also fully support your right to ask the question and recieve the responses you have.

all in all.....meh.

Rev

Oh man, One thing I have discovered, the older you get the less you like added features, I'm an exception, I'm a geek but the rest of you are just old farts :D :D :D

I like it, lets me know if the thread is bullshit or decent... this one fell under the first I think, lol.

Back