• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Something up with Aj's offroad???

NASCAR 4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Is something going on with Aj's? Some of you may recall from the carfax issue (got it straightened out) I am having fitment issues with some of his super rock sliders. I've been calling for 3 weeks with no answer. Leaving voicemails WITH my phone number. I have not gotten a return phone call.

Now in Aj's defense, I did call him a month ago about the issue and sent them pictures of the fitment problems. I received a phone call 2 days later. However I'm in the Air Force and had to tell the gentleman I was unable to take the call at the time. But as previously stated I haven't been able to get in contact since.

I just want to put the rails on my jeep. My wife is 11 days from her due date, and with the arrival of my son this project will definitely be going on the back burner.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I would, however I'm not talking minor gaps. I've got 3/4 inch gaps in a couple places. I've been told just cut the lower front fender. But I'm trying to avoid it if I can. One leg was bent. Really trying to figure out if they were just really beat up in shipping.

Post up the pictures you sent them. lets see if that will help us.

I've had AJ's super sliders on my rig for 5 years now.

AJ (when he actually owned the company) built the sliders in a Jig fixture because each and every jeep, being unibody, is unique. I bolted the rails to the pinch weld and then sucked in the gaps at the frame, used self-tappers and the welded the heads to the mounts.

They have yet to move or bend my rockers.... Make them fit.

** My gaps were not as big as those, but you can still make it work.

Grab some c-clamps. Suck it in then reevaluate. The pinch seam mount on the slider should be flush with the pinch seam on your jeep. Get it there then see where you are at. Don't be afraid to pound the pinch seam

Are you on the right side of the pinch weld? it looks (by the pictures) that if you move the pinch weld tube to the inside it will correct the gap on the "frame rail"

let me know if that makes sense...

edit: nevermind, I thought the pinch weld attachment was tube not angle iron.

Thanks for all the advice. I have yet to be able to try the bang on method. As stated with my wife pregnant and work, it's been hard to find time to escape to the garage. But my father in-law is coming up when my son gets here and he's a NASCAR fabricator. So they will be on one way or another soon enough!

Back