• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

someone asked me to find a trouble maker from KOH

Haha those maps sucked man. The catalog had better maps tho, but not many people paid the $5 for it. Personally, I looked at it as part of the donation.

I'm not going to disagree the map was lousy, even the ones they gave us volunteers. And the course was not well marked outside the 3 spectator areas. Even took me a few minutes to realize exactly where the course was in the morning. I was at road crossing 8, about mile 66. I even had to wave one of the race rigs back onto the course cause he missed the sign on the turn.

But I'd flat out told this guy where the race course was, and he just drove onto it.

Last edited:
he's been watching too many Tundra commercials.
07adco.600.jpg

His name is Ronald Carver and he lives in Hesperia. if you know him tell him what a douche he is and how he almost got the entire KOH race shut down by being on the course after he was told multiple times to find another route ;)

I can understand the frustration because people work so hard to keep jv and other offroad areas open but reality is if the military wants it they'll get it. People support military more than offroading. And yes the map sucked balls. It was my first time at koh and I had no idea where I was supposed to be. I just looked for big groups of people and drove toward them. For all I know I could have been right on the track as well

.....and if you were told the track was in front of you, and to stay off because it was unsafe/they are coming out of a blind turn, I bet you'd listen to the helpful person directing you. maybe ask him how you could get where you wanted to go, without causing problems.

I do have one very valid 'b1tch"...

about 5 hours in to the race me and family in my F350 4x4 and buddy and his daughters, yes in a tundra (new 4x4 TRD one though lol) head over to behind Chocolate Thunder to see about claw and what's going on at jack.

We get around the hill and can see the course well with the random race car driving by here and there as we approach. We are on a very wide wash / road that comes perpendicular to the course, and come up to a vehicle manning the road. About 100 ft from the course, and 2 12-14yo boys come running up in vest and start talking to my buddy in the Tundra. They are laughing and waving hands etc... About 3 min of this and he turns around.

He pulls up to me and tells me the kids said he had to go "over there" to cross.

We drive over there, and find we have to drive the course for about 100ft to get across the other side.

Long story short, IF you're going to volunteer then do YOUR job, don't sent your lil boys to do your work, its worst then if you just stayed home...

That's whats nice about all of the BITD races. Its is also on public land but they completely shut down the entire area. If a Racer was to kill a spectator it would be a ugly lawsuit regardless of who's fault. I carry a 2mil policy just in case something happens to a spectator, volunteer etc..

Back to the "map". I looked all over the site and couldn't find a .usr file for lowrance download......did I miss it or was it for racers only? I think having it available would have helped quite a few people with knowing where the track was and being able to stay off easier. All BITD and SCORE races make it available.

was there anything more than just stakes with pink paper arrows on them marking the coarse? we (my family) got there late and missed all the racing, but we stayed untill it started raining last night. my son and i took the bikes and rode around and we saw were they marked the coarse off (well sort of) with wooden stakes and little pink paper arrows. this was all in the area of the starting area, up to the foot of hills and such. i can definately see how people would get confused as to were they can and can not go. i think the promoter and track designer can learn a lesson from the old time motocross tracks they made from the natural outdoor landscape. they used ALOT of plastic flag rope. (not the cheap easy to break roll of caution tape.) obviously the entire course does not need this, BUT that close to the main pits and spectator area, i believe the flag rope would be MUCH easier to identify. all the money spent on all those tents and such was great. seemed like a nice gesture from the promoter, and i am sure the sponsors really appreciated them. but as mentioned, this can all be shut down over a simple miss use of the track and safety. i think that is were the promoter needs to pay a little more attention to. like i said i wasnt there for the race, but have seen it before and can imagine it wasnt much differant. in the areas of high spectator traffic, there MUST be a little more attention payed, and a little more money spent.

on a side not: you racers are nuts. i tried to ride the short area of the coarse just between the start line and the mountains and the track was gnarly. i couldnt imagine going fast over that stuff and not breaking. awsome job to all that made it through with out breaking. i know i would have lost a lot of time running through there as i would have went way to slow. course seemed real rough.
we had a blast even missing all the races. i couldnt get my 4 year old to stop riding his crf50. well maybe only when he learned to ride my atc70 and switched back and forth. had a great time.

anyone could walk up to PCI, or Rugged even I believe, with a sd card in hand and walked away with the usr file.

When we left on Sunday we headed cross country towards Cougar Buttes. My buddy called over the CB wondering if we were possibly on the race course. We didn't see any markers or races, so I didn't think it was possible. Then when we hit a cry lake to the East we saw signs marking the course and telling them to make a left. Doh!

Luckily I don't think any of the EMC racers were still on course, so we didn't get run over and damage anyone's race. But yea it was poorly marked and poorly staffed.

And ECM, what's your beef? You think that because it's on public land you should be able to go wherever you want whenever you want and don't want to let anyone else have a safe event without worrying about people being on the course?

And ECM, what's your beef? You think that because it's on public land you should be able to go wherever you want whenever you want and don't want to let anyone else have a safe event without worrying about people being on the course?

I think you meant XCM.... He/She is trolling as usual... Just ignore him/her as usual....

Its cute that you rock crawler guys are getting all butthurt over non race vehicles on the race track.... is this the first desert race youve been to? Your $20 HI-VIS vest from home depot doesnt put you in charge.

Its an open race course, on public land... GET OVER IT.

Sounds like you want to play a game of baseball.... nice and safe, nobody gets hurt.

But this aint baseball, this debate was gone over a million times after the california 200... The only answer, is to gate the entire track... and i wouldnt goto that race if someone paid me, you'd have to pay 3x the price for the fence rentals, and in general, it becomes lame as XXXX...

You can play the what-if's all you want, doesnt change the nature of the sport.

You guys should host it on a closed course next year.
Nominated

Back