• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Somebody please tell me you have the newspaper from last Tuesday

kujito

NAXJA Forum User
That's the day that my daughter was born! I never got the chance to get a paper. To call it a crazy day would like calling a Ferrari Enzo a quick little car.

It was the scariest, most wonderful day of my life. Kaia Catherine Corujo was born at 11:34 am. She weighed in at 3lbs. 6oz., and was a bit over a month early. The nurses kept saying she was "tiny but mighty!" She still hasn't had to be put on oxygen or IVs, other than a line thru an umbilical cord vein for nutrition. She's already hit a few of the benchmarks to be able to come home. Mainly, she just needs to get to 4lbs. or so, in order to be able to maintain her body temp., without using too much energy and losing weight.

Mom had a much harder time. She wouldn't quit bleeding, and was rushed to the OR. She lost over half of her blood volume, and couldn't breathe on her own after the general anesthesia wore off. I walked Kaia to the NICU, and when I got back to the room, all hell seemed to be breaking loose. Two hours after she was supposed to have been back, I'd still not heard anything. Couldn't get any real details about what was going on, but I could tell it wasn't good.

I can tell I'm about to start rambling, so I'll cut it short. I'll try to get a pic or two posted soon.

I'd really like to have a newspaper from that day, so let me know. New condition if you've got it, but clean and not too beat up would do.

Thanks,
Brian

Congrats! :D What hospital was she born at??

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the issues your wife had. At least everything ended well. :thumbup: How are you liking the sleep depriviation? :laugh3:

Thanks fellas! Mom is much, much better. Baby Kaia is doing great, and is apparently the feisty/sassy one in the NICU.

Frank, you're too smuckin fart sometimes; that option didn't even occur to me.

The lack of sleep is kinda tough. Seems like it may get a little better once we get home. As it is right now, there's pumping every 3 hours or so. Gotta get the pump set up, pump, put it into a storage bag, then take it to the NICU after cleaning the pump stuff. The 10 minutes of pumping ends up taking quite a while; especially when it gets timed right. Then I get to change a diaper and feed her from a bottle. She does get to come out and breast feed twice a day, so mom and I get to hold her for a while. That part is way better than sleep!

At least my bed keeps getting upgraded. Went from a barely padded bench, to a pull out chair/recliner/bed thing, to a larger and better padded one. One of the delivery nurses scored me an air mattress too. Speaking of which, I'm gonna go take a nap while I can.

Back