• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some stuff coming up fast that we need to do!

Hey, guys! I'm back!:eyes:

We need to get some coordination done for the BBQ for June 28th. I was thinking the Chapter could get the meat and buns and then do potluck everything else? And maybe do a $5 a head donation to the chapter to help pay for Geostash stuff?

Also, Ryan and I and families are going up to the Uintas the weekend of the 14th and 15th of June to start placing the caches for Geostash. We realize that this is Father's Day weekend but what better way to spend it than out in the mountains doing what we love!!!! We could use all the help we can get on this. Steve, maybe we can base our operations at your cabin???? Or we might still be able to use Slider's ranch again? Ryan and Dave will need our help to pre load the caches with cards and whatnot before we place them as well.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Gripes? Anyone?

I need to get the Naxja letter head so I can see if I can get some money out of Wells Fargo. Also I think that I would like to go up to the Uintas and help out, but I am waiting to see exactly what the fathers day plans are for my dad, Sarahs dad and myself. I know I would have to get back in time for sunday dinner for sure. Any pre stuffing that needs to be done, sign me up. i can help get cards ready or whatever we need to do there.

XJumpmaster said:
Hey, guys! I'm back!:eyes:

We need to get some coordination done for the BBQ for June 28th. I was thinking the Chapter could get the meat and buns and then do potluck everything else? And maybe do a $5 a head donation to the chapter to help pay for Geostash stuff?

Sounds like a great idea to me. We should probably plan on pushing it as a general fund raiser since we need money for the F.F. hospitality night, Geostashe and Christmas party.

XJumpmaster said:
Also, Ryan and I and families are going up to the Uintas the weekend of the 14th and 15th of June to start placing the caches for Geostash. We realize that this is Father's Day weekend but what better way to spend it than out in the mountains doing what we love!!!! We could use all the help we can get on this. Steve, maybe we can base our operations at your cabin???? Or we might still be able to use Slider's ranch again? Ryan and Dave will need our help to pre load the caches with cards and whatnot before we place them as well.

I'm in for the weekend.

Last year the Geostash cost us about 400 bucks. I would imagine it would be close to the same this year.

I'm most worried about getting vendors on board for the cause. Time is getting short.

PM me you email addresses an I can send you a copy of the letter we used for requesting donations last year. It has the national and chapter logos.

You will need to update the officer name(s) at the bottom.

I sent two versions of the letter. One more generic and one that identified the Cannon Mtn Sawmill road the the benefactor of the proceeds.

Are we going to donate some of the proceeds to a local land use cause. That was one of the things Ryan and I wanted to keep with the run. If, yes, then we need to find a cause...

DaveW said:
I sent two versions of the letter. One more generic and one that identified the Cannon Mtn Sawmill road the the benefactor of the proceeds.

Are we going to donate some of the proceeds to a local land use cause. That was one of the things Ryan and I wanted to keep with the run. If, yes, then we need to find a cause...
We should be getting a donation from National too.

Speaking of this event.

I told Nanette to go buy paper. We figured how much we would need, it came to about ten sheets per cache.

Well buy paper she did...it came to just over a hundred bucks. :anon:

So, we are going to take some back. We figured we might be able to get away with it for just about half of what she bought. That still makes it over 50 bucks in paper. If you guys can think of any way to do it better or cheaper let me know, we are all ears.

I am out for the 14th. I have a baby blessing that I have to attend and I would try to skip out, but I am the one blessing the kid so I guess I have to be there.

Sometime Saturday night might work, but I cant stay long. I have a ton of stuff to get done. My roof still has no shingles and the rain keeps coming down

Back