• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some one explain this to me

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
So I love on a college campus, parking obviously is not the best here. So I find a spot and park in it.A neighborhood 2 way street, no yellow line, no "no parking" signs.
I come back to find a ticket on my car for "Parking the wrong direction".
Yes, I was parked on the left side of the street, but I fail to see how which direction my vehicle is faced affects traffic. It takes up the exact same amount of physical space...

There goes 20 bones :smoker:

Most cities that I've lived in have an law that states "thou shalt not park against the flow of traffic" (in legalese instead of old testament talk that is...). The town in which I am currently residing for the time being doesn't allow you to back into parking spots in city parking lots either for some unexplained reason...

Yup, it's generally unlawful to park against traffic, the logic is that when pulling out you can't see oncoming traffic because your driver side is against he curb so you cant see around the vehicle parked in front of you. (On one way streets you're only dealing with traffic flowing your direction you can see through your mirror).

Yup, it's generally unlawful to park against traffic, the logic is that when pulling out you can't see oncoming traffic because your driver side is against he curb so you cant see around the vehicle parked in front of you. (On one way streets you're only dealing with traffic flowing your direction you can see through your mirror).

I suppose that makes sense for most cases. How ever the spot I was parked in was an "island" spot. It was between two driveways so no cars were behind or in front of me. No visibility problems.

Whatever, I guess I just have problem with cities collecting money from things like this. If I ever have any political authority, I would love to make all sorts of traffic tickets pay a huge percentage to the people right next to where you get the ticket. So those dang kids who you always yell at for going too fast in your neighborhood have to pay YOU. Sweet, sweet justice.

why would you even try to park facing the wrong direction on the street? There is a guy down the street from me that does this 2-3 times a week and I see a ticket on his window at least once a month... what's the point? are you too lazy to turn around and park the right way?

why would you even try to park facing the wrong direction on the street? There is a guy down the street from me that does this 2-3 times a week and I see a ticket on his window at least once a month... what's the point? are you too lazy to turn around and park the right way?

Yes.

I suppose that makes sense for most cases. How ever the spot I was parked in was an "island" spot. It was between two driveways so no cars were behind or in front of me. No visibility problems.

Whatever, I guess I just have problem with cities collecting money from things like this. If I ever have any political authority, I would love to make all sorts of traffic tickets pay a huge percentage to the people right next to where you get the ticket. So those dang kids who you always yell at for going too fast in your neighborhood have to pay YOU. Sweet, sweet justice.

then you'd be paying that $20 for being that dang kid who doesnt know how to park?

I suppose that makes sense for most cases. How ever the spot I was parked in was an "island" spot. It was between two driveways so no cars were behind or in front of me,..
Laws are written in the general case. They're not going to add,"except in the instance where visibility is not affected.", because then it becomes subjective. So much easier to just say, "Park in the right direction, idiot!"

Do you know what the saddest part of getting older is? You stop doing stupid crap, not because you realize it's stupid, but because you realize it's easier to go with the flow. A friend of mine in college once said, "You know, I used to be a non-conformist, but it's too much of a pain the a** to keep up."

And I know how you feel,...
Even though I'm of the "older persuasion", I'm still tempted to hang out around ASU in Tempe for some loving. :rof:

What does the location matter when you're loving yourself?
location is everything-- try loving in front of the police station and see what happens

Eh, so long as he's not doing it in his XJ while it's pointed the wrong way curbside, he should be good:spin1:
hey now, I was parked with the flow of traffic-- I can't afford to love curbside facing the wrong direction.:eyes:

So I love on a college campus, parking obviously is not the best here. So I find a spot and park in it.A neighborhood 2 way street, no yellow line, no "no parking" signs.
I come back to find a ticket on my car for "Parking the wrong direction".
Yes, I was parked on the left side of the street, but I fail to see how which direction my vehicle is faced affects traffic. It takes up the exact same amount of physical space...

There goes 20 bones :smoker:

You're in college? You write like you're in elementary school. Improve.

BTW, you got a ticket because parking in the wrong direction is against the law. If you don't think it was fair or correct, take it to the judge.

Yup, that's a universal law, which I ignore every day :D

Seriously? Welcome to the internet. I am writing a forum post, not a thesis.

I was asking why it was.
You've been given the reasons: obstructed view, unexpected entry into traffic, it involves you having to drive the wrong way in traffic to get there and to get out, etc.

Not every law needs to be tested. Some are just plain common sense.

You're in college? You write like you're in elementary school. Improve.

He is just "special"

helmet.jpg

Seriously? Welcome to the internet. I am writing a forum post, not a thesis.
How you write is more important than you realize. You represent yourself with the way you write. Although most of us are gear heads and not college professors, the first thing that was picked up on was the sloppily written post. You weren't taken seriously from the start. Exercise some pride and represent yourself well. All it takes is little discipline.

Back