• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Solid Axle Covers, $65 shipped!

Haha. sweet test!! I think it shows anything above stock is quite an improvement!

I was just on Solid's website. ALL models of diff covers are $65 dollars SHIPPED!!! Tell you wives, you can probably get one by Christmas.
I have never seen them so cheap.

I apologize if someone already posted this.
I saw the link last night and forwarded it to my gal. Same idea... Christmas! :)
I needed something for my front D60. I had held off until I figured out how I was going to do the steering and ensuring I wasn't going to have to mount anything off of the cover. I was going to order a RuffStuff one after the holidays, but I now can't justify the extra cost if these are $65shipped. If they were both "normally priced" I probably would have opted for Dan's.

lmao
how do the riddlers stack up to ruffstuffs?
I think it really just comes down to what you want. Cast or Welded Plate?

wow sweet article. i don't know why the 8.8 cover doesn't have a fill hole... but a quick google reveals this
cover_ford88.jpg

i'm assuming they have alternate fill and drain plugs than the cover.

I use the ABS sensor hole in my 8.8, there is also a pipe plug next to the pinion gear facing the ring.

Too bad JP magazine didn't test an ARB front cover. The ruff stuff cover would probably rate close to the grate lakes standard cover, but anyway I don't plan on driving into any 454 casuls, or being shot at.
In the real world the rock/stump/object would most likely hit one of the ribs on the solid cover and deflect off.

~Alex

the fill hole in an 8.8 is in the face of the housing, like some of the 9" rears. on a ford 9", don't mix the early/late housings and covers when you rebuild your axle, you end up with no fill hole at all when you've buttoned it all up. ask me how i know that....

Last edited:
the fill hole in an 8.8 is in the face of the housing, like some of the 9" rears. on a ford 9", don't mix the early/late housings and covers when you rebuild your axle, you end up with no fill hole at all when you've buttoned it all up. ask me how i know that....

ugh that would suck.

drilled a hole in the upper part of what would be the cover on a regular axle, and had a friend weld in a universal bung from summit racing. still had to pull the axles and diff again to get all the shavings out.

Just ordered one for the 60

ordered! they must be movin these suckers!!

I order a 30 and a 44. Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Man this is a great deal.... Should order but in middle of engine rebuild. Money is tight ..

Danit missed another good deal

Nick

8.25+riddler+shave=great

Back