• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Chapter Holiday party- save the Date

Cracker and Carol both have a side businesses of picking up strange men for money (Driving for Uber). :laugh3:
I thought about it too but my car is a two door. I figured that they must feel that there wouldn't be enough room for a four way.

hip-hop-ugly-christmas-sweaters-mike-tyson-chrithmith-638x359.jpg

Haha, I can probably take up to 3 adults from San Diego, and won't charge Uber/Lyft rates.

I suspect we'll be doing our own cooking (unless someone has a hookup with a good Taco Truck or something?), so if you could chime in with how many adults and how many children will be at the trough, I'd appreciate it!
This is always a good time, with good people :party:
It's BYOB :cheers:.
There will be food of some sort that you can buy for a reasonable cost. If you want to bring a snack or dessert, I don't think anyone will complain!

Thank you, again, to Brendan and Araceli for offering to host/house the party!

I'll be there after work, maybe 3:30. Thanks for hosting, Kings.

About what time do the festivities start?

Turns out, I'll be in Vegas for a friend's 40th. Nothing ever works out for me anymore lol.
So, you take time off for that? But you don't take time off for SCF or this?

In the words of Peter Griffin; "Sometimes.. I don't believe I know you"

Looks like I'm going to be out of town that weekend. On the bright side, I think, we have tickets to see Penn & Teller onemail of the nights.

So no one's chimed in about food... do you not want to eat??

Figure on a noon start time.

Address is 6351 Knight Ave, Long Beach.

For me the answer is always tacos. But then again I can't make it this year so I'll try to keep my mouth shut. Not sure how that'll work out, though.

So no one's chimed in about food....

I'll hang out and socialize for a while, but I have plans in the evening so I won't be eating tacos or anything substantial like that. I'd be glad to contribute toward chips and dips or whatever, or if we do a potluck-type deal I'd be glad to bring something to share. The GF's working, so it'll just be me.

It will be just me, I think. Probably driving the Jeep. Will not be able to stay very long unless someone gets me to drink, then, I will be there until someone drives me home.

I will bring cash and try to bring something from home to help with the food. Avocados? Limes? Persimmons? Tequila?

Haha, I can probably take up to 3 adults from San Diego, and won't charge Uber/Lyft rates.

I suspect we'll be doing our own cooking (unless someone has a hookup with a good Taco Truck or something?), so if you could chime in with how many adults and how many children will be at the trough, I'd appreciate it!
This is always a good time, with good people :party:
It's BYOB :cheers:.
There will be food of some sort that you can buy for a reasonable cost. If you want to bring a snack or dessert, I don't think anyone will complain!

Thank you, again, to Brendan and Araceli for offering to host/house the party!

I was thinking about hitting up the local Taco truck, but I think we would need a higher head count. We could do burger and dogs, or make a run to said taco truck when people start getting hungry, it is just around the corner.

Hey we are also collecting toys for an adopt-a-family for the boys and girls club of Long Beach.
My wife thanks you in advance and probably Saturday as well.

I'm cool with doing an offsite Taco Truck run (hell, it gets me out of cooking!! Whoo hoo for everyone!!) , and I can maintain enough sobriety to drive there to pick stuff up for everyone, And I can transport up to 4 "I just can't decide in advance" folks to the Truck if need be... I won't even charge Uber/Eats rates! But if you :puke: in my car, the Uber/Lyft $250 penalty will apply :shiver:.

And I can easily drive you home, Peter, but you'd have to get a ride back to your vehicle once you sobered up...

I'll try to round up a toy for the Toys for Tots... I miss the days when 91BlackBox Steve Mitschke (who's gone Hi Desert Biker on us) used to organize a Toy Run...

So let's say bring:
your Beverages of choice
something shareable to snack on if you can,
some cash for the Taco Truck Run, and
a toy for the Toys For Tots program if you're willing to do so...

:yelclap: :yelclap:party1::yelclap: :yelclap:party1: :yelclap::yelclap:party1::yelclap::yelclap:party1:

Back