• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So will it be Billary in 2008?

Boatwrench said:
It was good for the first 214 years.
1776+214=1990. What's been going on the other 14 years?

I have traveled with the military also, it's an eye opener to go to other countries in central america and asia. The $3,000 (yes $3K) monthly pension recieved from the transit system allows folks to live in the top income brackets in a lot of countries and some states in the US. BTW the mechanics I spoke of are currently making about $28-$30 per hour.

Unfortunately as Sean pointed out, he is ineligible to be President also.

Tom
Sean was born on US soil (Embassies and military bases are sovereign), so I believe he is actually eligible if that's what your comment was referring to. I don't see any reason to amend the Constitution just for Ahh-nold; but I have long been curious about why the Presidential candidate had to be natural-born and not a naturalized citizen. Then again, maybe there is a good assumption that naturalized citizens may have a bias in their dealings with the 'old country' whereas natural-born citizens theoretically would not.

Purely out of curiosity, do you Californians take your governor seriously? I think I would have a hard time listening to the Terminator as Commander-in-Chief without laughing... I start hearing Dana Carvey & Kevin Nealon's Hans & Franz characters from SNL.

I think Arnold might be cool as Pres, until the novelty wore off. Then we would really see what he's capable of, good or bad. I'm all for McCain as Pres. He isn't necessarily a "partisan" guy although he is republican. He endorsed both Bush and Kerry saying that they were ok and didn't try to bad mouth either one. While I despise Kerry and the fact he even had a chance at being President, that was a classy thing for McCain to do. Plus, I think he's proven his mettle as far as being able to handle a tough situation. I think the stress of the presidency would be nothing to him after being a POW. The other possibility I've heard of is Rudy Giuliani. I don't know too much about him, but from what I've heard he seems good too. Seems to have done a good job cleaning up NYC while he was mayor there.

BlackSport96 said:
I think Arnold might be cool as Pres, until the novelty wore off. Then we would really see what he's capable of, good or bad. I'm all for McCain as Pres. He isn't necessarily a "partisan" guy although he is republican. He endorsed both Bush and Kerry saying that they were ok and didn't try to bad mouth either one. While I despise Kerry and the fact he even had a chance at being President, that was a classy thing for McCain to do. Plus, I think he's proven his mettle as far as being able to handle a tough situation. I think the stress of the presidency would be nothing to him after being a POW. The other possibility I've heard of is Rudy Giuliani. I don't know too much about him, but from what I've heard he seems good too. Seems to have done a good job cleaning up NYC while he was mayor there.
How does McCain and Giuliani stand on Land issues and gun rights.
A republican can say he is a republican but if he don't stand behind the partys core values then he means nothing to me but someone to vote against. I know Arnold says he is a republican but I also know he is for gun control and he is a somewhat greenie. To me that makes him a NO I dont care what country he was born in.

Lawn Cher' said:
Purely out of curiosity, do you Californians take your governor seriously? I think I would have a hard time listening to the Terminator as Commander-in-Chief without laughing... I start hearing Dana Carvey & Kevin Nealon's Hans & Franz characters from SNL.

Can't say if I'm for Arnold ever being more than our Gov. but how can you not respect this man? He comes to the US with nothing more than he's 19 inch arms and his Speedo's. Look where he is today. He is the true American success story. Time as Governor will tell. But he is too green for me, feels he has to walk that bipartisan walk socially and ecologically.

Maybe he'll loosen up if he trades in his Hummer for a real offroad vehicle! ;)

Fergie said:
Just thinking...

If President Bush wins another term in office, do think the stage will be set for Hillary and her wife Bill to be back in the Whitehouse in 2008?

Fergie

No, this election just demonstrated that we will have to dumb down the Democratic message about 100 IQ points below that of the Clintons for the masses to comprehend it. Basically gotta find a way to advocate bigotry and guns.

I wonder how green he can really be owning more than one H1...:D
BTW his arms were a lot more than 19" while he was doing his Mr Olympia thing...they were somewhere in the mid-20's :eek:

steve01XJ said:
No, this election just demonstrated that we will have to dumb down the Democratic message about 100 IQ points below that of the Clintons for the masses to comprehend it. Basically gotta find a way to advocate bigotry and guns.

Gotta love it...
I didn't want those stupid grapes anyway...

steve01XJ said:
Or maybe you have to realize that a majority of the American people don't agree with the Democratic platform. Kerry made the mistake of his platform boiling down to "Anyones better than Bush, and I'm anyone." The Clintons are a curse on our country. I was hopeing the Dems would contest the election, ruin their credibility and self destruct, leaving the door open for a more deserving party.

I've noticed one consistent trait of all the liberals I've seen on the net...they all have a very condescending, holier than thou attitude. They act as if the Demo party is the only logical choice and if you don't agree with them its obviously because you're a racist, sexist, homophobic moron who doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as they do. And they wonder why it is they lost the popular vote. And in a big way this year what with all the Reps and Sens lost plus the appointment of Supreme Court Justices to be occurring.

steve01XJ said:

so were going into NEGATIVE territory trying to inspire new DEMS???

This should be fun.

BlackSport96 said:
I wonder how green he can really be owning more than one H1...:D
BTW his arms were a lot more than 19" while he was doing his Mr Olympia thing...they were somewhere in the mid-20's :eek:

...when he first came to the US. 21" later in his BB career, at least that's what he claimed.

Yucca-man,
yeah my math was off, but only by three years. It should be 217. The U.S. Constitution was not ratified until Sept 1787. The Coast Guard was founded in 1790, thus the 214 years a number I use almost daily.

I don't understand the militray base thing...conventional wisdom would lead me to believe what you stated about bases & embassies. But as Sean poitned out he held dual citizenship and I know my nephew born at Clark AFB in the PI had to jump through some kind of bureaucratic hoop when he turned 18.

Tom

BlackSport96 said:
I've noticed one consistent trait of all the liberals I've seen on the net...they all have a very condescending, holier than thou attitude. They act as if the Demo party is the only logical choice and if you don't agree with them its obviously because you're a racist, sexist, homophobic moron who doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as they do. And they wonder why it is they lost the popular vote. And in a big way this year what with all the Reps and Sens lost plus the appointment of Supreme Court Justices to be occurring.

And the problem with conservatives on the "internets" is that they can accuse us of being elitists, yet they never really deny the allegations about being bigots.

If the majority of voters in the country are intolerant bigots, and we really think that being an intolerant bigot is something not only to aspire to, but to codify in the law through the legislature and court appointments, I think it will be safe to say that the Republican dreams of an America that is only white, evangelical Christian, with men at work and women at home where they belong will come true and set this nation's true principles back fifty years.

More and more analysis of the election data is indicating that the Christian Right in this country was mobilized much like they were during Reagan's administration. Higher turnout on their part tipped the scales in Bush's favor. All Americans should be afraid of the potential for harm this holds if Bush acts on their agenda. If you are a true patriot, please read Federalist Paper number 10 and you might get a clue. Bonus points for those who know the author ( without having to look it up on the "internets" first ).

steve01XJ said:
or maybe the democrats could just appeal to the people that actually vote insted of the lazy arses that protest, rant and rave yet wouldnt get off the couch tuesday mourning

I guess I must not be a true patriot, according to you, as I never read Federalist Paper number 10.

Sounds like you are a sore loser, and that is too bad. Maybe you need to look at your party for the reasons you lost, instead of trying to poke at those that won. Perhaps a viable candidate would be a good start. :)

BTW.. nice jab with "internets". :speepin: Just like I laugh at your candidate for saying "idee-er" instead of "idea".
Glenn

steve01XJ said:
And the problem with conservatives on the "internets" is that they can accuse us of being elitists, yet they never really deny the allegations about being bigots.

If the majority of voters in the country are intolerant bigots, and we really think that being an intolerant bigot is something not only to aspire to, but to codify in the law through the legislature and court appointments, I think it will be safe to say that the Republican dreams of an America that is only white, evangelical Christian, with men at work and women at home where they belong will come true and set this nation's true principles back fifty years.

More and more analysis of the election data is indicating that the Christian Right in this country was mobilized much like they were during Reagan's administration. Higher turnout on their part tipped the scales in Bush's favor. All Americans should be afraid of the potential for harm this holds if Bush acts on their agenda. If you are a true patriot, please read Federalist Paper number 10 and you might get a clue. Bonus points for those who know the author ( without having to look it up on the "internets" first ).

steve01XJ said:
Just as I thought - no denials on that intolerant bigot thing.
No need to try to deny something that is simply a basesless accusation.

Look, I feel bad that your party lost. But you do not know me at all, so you can leave your accusations to yourself.

steve01XJ said:

So, using your logic, we can assume that all Democraps are Commies? Or lazy welfare check collectors? Or fat lying movie makers? People who say one thing than change their tune when they have to talk to another group who may not hold their far, far leftist views? I voted for it, before I voted against it. You see everyone on the Right as a bigot? Isn't that a bigotted statement to make? You should team up with Z22, with the two of you, you could solve the worlds problems...or something.

steve01XJ said:

Do you call someone who wants a ban on same sex marriage and abbortion an intolerant bigot?

You mentioned "white, evangelical Christian", where does racism come into the picture?

Back