• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So who is at work today?

Good looking XJ. My 94 looks almost identical except I have the uber cool honeycomb wheels.

Monday came and I managed to get out. I went to work and did the best I could to deliver pizzas to folks. I wound up having to park in the road most of the time and walk the food to people's homes because there was so much snow piled up beside the road that you couldn't get in anyone's driveway. It was the worst day of work I've had in a while.
You better be getting some awesome tips for delivering pizzas in that crap.

I work for the local county government and they told me to pack a few days worth of clothes yesterday and handed me the keys to a new crew cab F150 4x4. I work in the I.T. department :looney: Got to keep the 911 center and S.O. up and running.

Supposed to get hit hard here today. The jeep and the polaris ranger are ready.

Will be knee boarding behind the jeep later today!

We got a dusting and ice then rain. Now its just rain..... I need some temps above 50 so I can finish painting my shop table and get started on the heep again!

I'm at work in the Ranger today with snow supposedly starting this afternoon. I may be looking for some ballast for the 2wd 5 speed to get home.

My office is still in my basement, so I am still at work - and am not likely to EVER get a weather day. I guess I need to get the flu if I want to stay "home."

We had record snowfall last night. Huntsville was expecting 3" but got a record of 8.1". My house, south of Huntsville, got 9"+. Reports of 10-12" around north alabama are common. Made for an interesting day for sure.

We had record snowfall last night. Huntsville was expecting 3" but got a record of 8.1". My house, south of Huntsville, got 9"+. Reports of 10-12" around north alabama are common. Made for an interesting day for sure.

Other way around here. We were supposed to get 5-8" with the possibility of up to 12" and got about 4".

Either way, i'm "working" from home today.

Did take the Jeep out for a bit last night to cruise around:

11021192_10101816215616507_2086387260479063814_n.jpg

I got to work this morning and got sent right back out the door to go over to a co-worker's house to pull her out of the mud in her front yard. Mud from all the RAIN we got.

e99ec83e83c49a04da08e50303b2c619.jpg

Received this picture today... Meanwhile I'm 2000 miles away in 65-70 degrees :)

e99ec83e83c49a04da08e50303b2c619.jpg

Received this picture today... Meanwhile I'm 2000 miles away in 65-70 degrees :)

They look lonely! Maybe I should go up there and take them for a spin!

Conditions are proving to be challenging here again. Now that the temperatures have risen and the rain has fell for two days, we are having some flooding here with all the melting snow. I managed to deliver ten orders tonight at work in the dense fog, driving rain, and rising water. On one delivery I accidentally wound up in water up to the bumpers and found the rear end drifting into deeper water. Luckily I had enough momentum to steer it to a more shallow part of the road. I called the customer and had to explain that my Jeep was more important than his two small pizzas. He wasn't very happy. Those of you who have been to the Crawl in Harlan can understand the class of some the people I have to deal with.

I messaged a co worker after work and he said he nearly lost his Cobalt trying to get home.

We are supposed to get freezing rain this morning and 1 - 3 more inches of snow. Temperatures are supposed to drop off into the lower teens tonight. It's going to be interesting for those who have to get out. Luckily, I am off tomorrow and prepared with food, half a carton of smokes, eight Blue Moon Peach beers, and plenty of toilet paper. I also live on a hill so I have no worries about the water. If the electricity goes out I have a coal stove, a coleman cook stove, plenty of fuel, and even a little alcohol stove made from soda cans that cooks up some darn good Ramen. A country boy can survive.

This is a picture from nearby Big Stone Gap, VA in the next county over. They flooded quicker than we did over to the west and they got it a little worse than we have so far.

10952655_718049401645420_5034523920680788898_n.jpg

Back