• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, what do you carry in your Jeep?

I take a big Rubbermaid plastic bin with lid (tied down by ratcheting straps in the back) with the following inside: Toolbox w/various tools, first aid kit, duct tape, tie downs & bungees, 2 gallons of water, oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, big ass metal flashlight, toilet paper in a ziplock, emergency items (space blankets, ponchos, waterproof matches, snake bite kit, etc.), 2 recovery straps, and I'm sure there are a few other things I'm forgetting. I keep this bin in the garage and just load and unload it whenever I plan to go off-road. I also take a 48" Farm Jack (looks exactly identical as a Hi-Lift, but only $25 at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interesting story: I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and yelled to the cabby, "yo homes, smell ya later" I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there.

Every automotive tool I own in two large steel army surplus boxes, 3 tow straps, a bazillion bungees in a bag, jumper cables, two flash lights, a first aid kit, two hydraulic jacks, the factory jack (trash), a bike rack, three cameras, spare clothes and shoes, 3 undeveloped rolls of film, two tripods, 7 empty mountain dew cans, a sledgehammer, 8 empty cigarette packs, 1 jackstand, 3 books, 2 magazines, 2 1/2 empy coffee cups, a lug wrench, 2 rear speakers, small change, a fire extinguisher, an Ipod, 1 CD, 2 pairs of sunglasses, 3 unexposed rolls of film, a backpack, a lift kit I haven't installed yet, a full-size spare, 2 adult size jackets, one child size jacket, one adult size pair of gloves, 2 child size pairs of gloves, three hats, 20 lbs of dirt and mud, and a five year old.

(but that's just off the top of my head, I haven't taken inventory lately.)

gloves shovel and some lime

No spare
half-empty can of WD-40.
4 CDs
6 D-Cell Maglight.(batteries dead)
Leatherman Always in pocket.

i think im read for some hardcore wheeling.

Kejtar said:
Lime as in the fruit? any other stuff for drinks that you carry with you ? :party:
tiny umbrellas and sometimes a XXXXtail waitress if i'm lucky

oh man, where to start. (harbor freight) high lift, 25 feet of quality lubed disregarded army tow chain. 20,000 lbs tow strap. ratchet straps,bungies, 4 way tire iron,45 lbs tool box w/ all the necessities including a heavy mallet. a spare 31in BFG at on 15x8, Army Cho liner, snacks (power bars, mre's, etc) liquid, coolant, tranny oil, motor oil. mech. gloves, poly pro glove liners. GF's soft fuzzy blanket. fire extinguisher,the big Mag light(escalation of force #2) ,K-bar (#3), Sig Sauer P-220 fullsize 45(#4), and First Responder Bag, and when needed a pre ban AR-15(#5), with all the amenites. and yes like most of us i'm the guy that stops. and it drives the GF crazy.

two toolboxes with every hand tool that I own... half dozen cd's.... half ton of trash.... couple dozen power rangers...... handful of Ninja Turtles..... box of hot wheels and matchbox cars......a couple Extreme Rockcrawlers......coloring books.... crayons..... and a 4 year old..

I mean technically it's his ride anyway.... :)

Maglight
couple lighters
Phillips/slotted reversable screwdriver
pliers
snap-strap
jumper cables
AC power convertor

Ramsey said:
tiny umbrellas and sometimes a XXXXtail waitress if i'm lucky
ha it edited c oc ktail waitress. as a side note i carry enough spare parts to put a jeep together, well not quite but i'm working on it

Back