• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"So I think..."

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
"We are pretty sure Phil's junk is broke."

I heard that today. :D

intern02.jpg

intern03.jpg

You guys sent me broken interns. :D

--ron

Do you need a tranny?

23 or 21 spline?

I was going to weld it, but it's got 200K on it, the fluid was black, and when it separated from the engine it kicked down a little taking some of the splines off the outer stator shaft.

23 spline mid 90's. :D

--ron

Captain Ron said:
I was going to weld it, but it's got 200K on it, the fluid was black, and when it separated from the engine it kicked down a little taking some of the splines off the outer stator shaft.

23 spline mid 90's. :D

--ron

I got a 23 spline AW4 with 60,000 miles out of a Wrangler.

Let me know

-Avery

Captain Ron said:
If you try harder, you might get a raise to afford the silicone too. :D

--ron

He already has tits.

When he called me Sunday, he said his tranny bellhousing was "cracked" That looks a little more than fawking "cracked", don't you think?

This couldn't have been caused by his bad CV, what did he do?

I think he got confused. Only the tranny was cracked. The bellhousing was completely separated from the engine by more than a half an inch. :D

The initial damage was old. The crack in the bellhousing started in the same place mine did, over the starter bulge, close to the main case flange. It's obvious that it had been there for some time.

It looks exactly like the one I did last year. The crack in the case on the drivers side, and the fracture pattern in the bellhousing are almost identical. The bellhousing on Phil's was a catastrophic failure and the CV is totally gone. I'm thinking it was the CV that did the final damage, he drove with a pretty severe vibration for an awful long time at freeway speeds.

--ron

Back