• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, are you ready?

Block deck cleaned, new head is on! Radiator arrived, more to be done tomorrow night!

Why not, I'll update this thread even though I haven't been watching it!

Me:
Audit recovery bag DONE
Audit survival box (been a long time!) DONE
See if my 30 is bent DONE
Align front wheels DONE
Put more air in tires DONE
Check for damage from JV DONE

Now for the stuff I still gotta do...

1: Install external voltage regulator to replace quirky MobiArc
2: Wash clothes, pack clothes.
3: Decide what shoes to wear (oh it's just such an important decision!)
4: Get beer
5: Pack beer
6: Put it in D

Oof....I am running WAY behind on this project. Tubework is quite time consuming.

I'll be lucky if I can make it on Saturday :doh:

You don't need tube for Big Bear. Quit being a pansy and get your crap together.

Come on, Geoff... Have you looked under "P" in the dictionary lately? I think there's a pic of Cracker on one of the first few pages =)

Love you Cracker--get your junk on the trail, already!! See you there =)

You don't need tube for Big Bear. Quit being a pansy and get your crap together.

Agreed. BiG Bear is about as easy as it gets.

I made it a point not to wheel this thing until it gets the tube so in order for me to go I must get it tubed. I will have about 75 % of the tube done before Thursday and I will work on the rest when I return.

Love you Cracker--get your junk on the trail, already!! See you there =)

:wave:

Yes. I worked on it for 12 hours today and should get another 12 hours in tomorrow. I will be up there. I am thinking early Friday morning now (vs. Thursday night).

Last edited:
IMAG0052+_Medium_.jpg

:repair: :repair: :repair: :repair: :repair: :repair: :repair: :repair: :repair: :repair: :repair: :repair: :repair:

Head is on & torqued, rocker arms on, manifold... wait, there's no dowels in the new head. Try to find them Thursday, old ones don't want to come out. New radiator is in, both fan/shroud combos, less hoses, can't find thermostat I bought a couple of months ago... New Brown Dog motor mounts are in (boy, are these easier than my son's ZJ!). New injector o-rings.
So, still to go:
-Clean valve cover & install
-Install manifolds after dowels are in
-Install new trans cooler
-Install thermostat
-Put cold air kit back in
-Getting tired. Just want to be done. See you all there, I swear...

Jim

Is that where you lock Cal at night?

Sometimes :shhh:

I got enough cage work done at this point so all I need to do is clean up the tubes and paint them and trim the panels to fit. I need to get my tool chest reinstalled in it's new location. I still have to swap out the tranny pan and clean up all the ATF saturating my undercarriage. Finally I need to pack.....

Not enought hours in a day.

I still need to:

Install new shoes on the 44, and bleed the brakes

Install new rear u-joint, and re-connect drive shaft

Fill pumpkin up the rest of the way with Lucas gear oil.

Modify exhaust so that I don't melt MY leaf spring bushing.

Modify my front exhaust so it doesn't smoke like an old man at the race track.

MAYBE swap my driver door out for the last black one. Maybe. :)

Reinstall rear tires/wheels.

I uh... think im pretty much ready, got my turkey and burgers, 4 gallons of water, 18pak of beer some propel for the following mornings. And uh Im pre packed. So tomorrow morning throw stuff in cooler, then to jeep and roll out to dans house. See you all tomorrow!!!!!

peace
ted

All I have to do is put the stuff in the cooler from the fridge and fuel up for my trip. For Lisa's I have to swap the tires on her car for the new ones fill up the tank from the drum in the garage do a quick nut and bolt on the suspension hide her birthday gift in her luggage so she finds it when she gets there. I might even feed the horses before I leave ....

Wait. You Jeep doesn't fly? I know from experience that mine doesn't, but I mean, dude...it's a SLEIGH! :wave:

What are you talking about? Your Jeep flies just fine, it just lands for s***.

Back