• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow

We got about 4" up here. I couldn't imagine what would happen if we got a foot of snow. They still haven't done too much plowing.

I drove around in it all night long and it was so glorious. People were sliding off the road and getting stuck on little hills. My Jeep with 31" ATs performed flawlessly. Sure glad I got that new DS put in.

Today is going to be frolicking in the snow and sledding some. Tomorrow, we'll have a fun game of Ultimate in the snow. Hopefully Monday we get out of work again or at least hve a 2hr delay.

we have 7-8" here in campbell co. i took a little trail ride last night with a couple other friends, it was great, after midnight it was snowing so hard that my wipers kept freezing up on my way home, and my blower motor only works on Low so my defrost isn't the best.

it was the first time i've ever cruised for miles in 2nd gear 4x4hi on I-75.

We got about 5"s then it turned to sleet. Over night it went to rain. Now I have ice. My St. Bernards are walking around on top of it and not even breaking through it.

We have about 1/4" of ice on top of the snow also. The wife can walk on it without breaking through...not me so much.:wow:

We have about 1/4" of ice on top of the snow also. The wife can walk on it without breaking through...not me so much.:wow:

I bet I'd punch right through.

Chattanooga had 4-5" everywhere yesterday, even on the interstates!!! I saw tons of abandoned vehicles on the side of the interstate and many roads. At one point the Chattanooga Police Department issued a statement that they were overwhelmed and were only responding to accidents with injuries. I had no problems in stock form. The 235 BFG A/T's performed flawlessly...first time I had ever driven in snow with them. Excellent traction and handling!!

Rain rain go away, or turn to snow damnit!

huntsville got all ice... but i decided to head for the coast and hang out in mobile for the weekend.

Ok, so explain what "Cary snowboarding" is! I'm assuming you're randomly picking nice hills to use as slopes? Haha. It's kind of like what we do here in Gwinnett co. GA when it ices or snows....Gwinnett Golfaking. Yup, we take our river kayaks to the golf courses! We have some pretty hilly golf courses around here so it makes for an awesome time.

Oh yeah...I wish I was at Sugar Mtn. right now!

Yeah Cary snowboarding is picking up my other Boone-transplant buddy and finding decent slopes to actually use our boards this year. Spend 30min making a jump on a 5 second ride :)

We have at least 12" and it hasnt stopped yet. The plows are doing a much better job from my point of view(well they had practice about four weeks ago).
I had to run about 30 miles to lynchburg, the only help I gave was allowing someone to use my strap to pull out their bobcat that was stuck on a flat parking lot(it sure beat the shovel they had).

We have at least 12" and it hasnt stopped yet. The plows are doing a much better job from my point of view(well they had practice about four weeks ago).
I had to run about 30 miles to lynchburg, the only help I gave was allowing someone to use my strap to pull out their bobcat that was stuck on a flat parking lot(it sure beat the shovel they had).

Hey neighbor!

We have about the same here and its coming in waves. I've been out in the Commander and it is doing real good. All of the XJ's and the JK are just sitting in the driveway.

The XJ's hanging out in the garage. The one on the right has been restored and I rarely drive it and the one on the left is my trail rig.
commander2.jpg

The JK, it sucks in the snow, even with the factory LS so i just let it sit.
commander3.jpg

Riding around my neighborhood, the wipers on the XK suck but it was really snowing hard at this point.
commander1.jpg

Last edited:
went out playin in the woods for a bit.... irby got stuck real good, and i yanked his bumper off tryin to get him out... i only have one pic, and i have no way to put it on here, since it's on my phone and whatnot(no picture messaging or internet), but it's a good one, involving 2.5-3 ft of water:D

007.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

thats just a couple of the pics from today. i had a blast even though i need a new bumper now :( but i had a feeling something would break

Last edited:
yeah, i'll be callin superwinch on monday, by the way. it seems like the pile o' crap works until i need it, then won't do anything. i'm gonna try really hard to get my money back, but i might be goin to connecticut to throw a broken winch through a large display window.

Back