• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

snow stuck

GreenbeltXJ

ACTUAL WHEELER
i went out last week for a short drive in the mountains and it turned into a 4 day jeep recovery. here are a couple teaser pics and i will post the whole thing later today.
this, not to bad

little worse

bad...

stay tuned for allot of snow and a very cool pic.

Starscream said:
Perhaps a good tug out front from something other than a quad next time. :D
Ditto...maybe even a 4WD quad.
Were you not in the Jeep driving it at the same time? It looks like the front wheels were just dragged through the snow rather than driven.

Why would you try to back out of that so close to the edge. That only swung the nose out over the edge. Now the heaviest part of the jeep is down the hill. All in hindsight now, live and learn.

How did you finally get out?

i had it in two wheel drive and reverse, wanted to swing the ass end back over into the road. backfired and the snow grabbed my front and pulled it over the edge. and yes locked front and rear.

the 2nd day with my buddies XJ and winch.

i did got bolth driverside wheels on back on the road before it got too dark. the jeep was up there for two days before i could get some more rigs to help. on saturday when i finally had a big group and enough winches we went up.....

i dont have any pics of saturday the memory card is jacked up.

saturday we pushed most of the way up the mountain with out seeing my jeep, i didn't think it was as high as we were but at the same time we didn't see it so we kept going. we pushed till the snow drift was over the hood of my buddys jeep. 4.5 in lift and 33's. i needed a bigger rig.

we got turned around and went back down with out another XJ veryone was dissapointed and some of us were thinking it may have gone down the mountain or it got jacked.

sunday i got a another XJ and a friend of mine with a YJ on 1 ton axles and 40" krawlers to come up. i needed him to push now for me. we moved pretty fast on sunday and got to were we stopped on saturday by 11am. we started pushing snow again and this time the wall of snow was at least 4ft deep we were 100yds short of the top when we decided to stop pushing on, at this time we all knew we were past the jeep weather or not it was on the mountain. me and Joe the YJ owner decided to "walk" to the top through waist deep snow wich only took about 45 mins. well on the way down we stopped periodically to look over the edge and see if we could spot a XJ shaped snow drift, we did this for about 30 mins. and finally when me and joe were looking over the edge my other buddy about 200yrds. down started yelling "i found it! i found it!" it turns out that we past it bolth day's, so a total of 3 times. there was a tree down rite were the jeep was just on the opposite side so every one would look at the tree as it scraped thier rig and never looked to the other side at the jeep! th eonly reason he saw it was because he has the "barbie jeep" this this is perfect not a single scratch on the thing, he was trying to avoid the tree by driving a far from it as possible and doing so paying more attention to that side, the side the jeep was on. i will let the pics tell the rest of the story.

turning around on sunday

me pushing snow in my buddys XJ

Alrite here's the pic i was talking about, i think its crazy. we drove past it 3 times!

these are the recovery pics

the jeep had about 30" on the side and top.

Wait...so you lost your jeep for a couple of days? I bet you were pretty sick to your stomach, weren't you.

Oh...we were posting at the same time. So, it was being kept up by a tree on that hill?

finally off the mountain.

yea I was, i didn't like it just chillin up there. and yea those tree's were the only thing keeping it from sliding a few houndred feet down the mountain.

Back