• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow in the UK.

oh boy...didnt the country basically shut down the last time that happened?

Yes everything sort of stops when we get a little snow, cant understand it! People cant drive in it ,they abandon there cars in it -less than 6"of it!.
Schools close.
Children arent allowed to play out in it at break times.
Highways dept cant clear the roads.

IT ALL FALLS APART !!

hey 40 years ago in Alloa, Scotland we walked in all of it. Wellie's and school uniform with shorts. used to drive on hardpack to get to the Cairngorms and Aviemore in a 1969 Mini.

Wife was raised there, they actually get rare hot summers that make the asphalt streets soft. :D

Wife was raised there, they actually get rare hot summers that make the asphalt streets soft. :D

Nice.
I grew up (aged at least), in southern New Mexico. It was a rare summer's day that the asphalt didn't get soft. I remember leaving cleat marks in the parking lot between the locker room and football field during 2-a-days.

Two inches of snow was/is enough to basically shut the city down.

Just what kind of asphalt is this??? :confused1

England does not have the temp extremes we have here, in the highlands yea, I went through some training with an artillery unit over there in the winter and it sucks. But for the most part it's pretty mild both summer and winter and the biggest thing you have to be aware of is which way to look when crossing the street or you may not last more than an hour.

and the biggest thing you have to be aware of is which way to look when crossing the street or you may not last more than an hour.

Very true, thats a tough one. For me, when driving in Europe the UK was the hardest. I did just fine in the UK until I came up to a traffic circle, then my brain kind of shut down.

~ Stump

Back