• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkel

Is a snorkel worth the money?

• Yes

Votes: 88 47.3%
  • No

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • ???

Votes: 23 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A snorkel only becomes a poseur mod when retards who worry about poseurs deem it so. If you are worried in the first place about what's "poseur" and whats not "poseur", then you, in all entirety, are a "poseur" as well. Who gives two sh*ts what the other guy is doing in his jeep. If a guy says about a snorkel "I bought it cause it looks cool to me" then is it really "poseur" ?? Its performing the exact function he bought it for. How many people on this site have chrome or polished rims? I highly doubt that every XJ driver on here runs black steelies, or factory rims. So each of you are now "poseurs" as well. How many of you have washed the exterior of your vehicle? Or vaccumed the carpet? Or pulled a dent? Then by the lame logic presented by people like Beezil, youre all posers. Just for deeming others a "poseur" makes you one in your own right, by separating yourself with a pompous elitist, condescendence.

This "poseur" sh*t is absurd. Who cares.

Beezil said:
I've done extensive research on the matter.

I put out a challenge to all snorkle owners to prove (PICS) that they've USED thier snorkel....

There was a flood of lame pics that showed snorkel xj's standing in water just over the top of the tires.......but only TWO that showed water OVER THE HOOD.

one of them is our boy Chewy.....

It is fair to say that MOST owners of snorkeled XJ's are total poseurs. They are also AOL subscribers, Walmart Shoppers, closet Trekkies, and never get laid.

dare to prove me wrong.

I guess you decide who is a poseur. You must be rite up there with God. Post a pic of yours going through water up to your windshield without a snorkle. I'm not going to risk damage just to prove a point to Beezil Almighty. Snorkles are not 100% protection.... just a little more piece of mind.

Everyone has the right to build there jeep the way they see fit. To judge someone because they have something that you dont agree with.... well you know what they say about opinions.

Poseur (I guess) in VA
Scott

Last edited:
OMG, I AM A POSER...........I have a stock XJ but my TJ had Steel wheels, an OME lift (the BB jsut didn't have the chick appeal I wanted), steel bumpers, WARN rockers (couldn't leave the rock damage exposed, looked terrible), rock lights (yeah, well, I used them once when I wrapped the tail pipe around the rear axle so I could see), a bikni top (strictly because I thought it was cool to go no doors with the bikini). Now for the XJ I plan a 5.5" RE LA and some 33's (strictly for height), lockers front and rear so I can play with the other posers who aren't running D60's and 39's but want to have a good time, and of course, I am going to snorkle it since I hydrolocked the motor of the TJ and went through water half way up the doors all the time and love a good mud hole. I promise if it makes me a little less poser to all the web wheelers that I will check my door seals for just in case it does happen I won't wet my carpet.

OK, back to reality..............

Snobbery SUCKS!!!!! my fiance HATES Jeeps because I drove my DD TJ all over hell and back, always helping someone else who had become stuck or fixing my own errors and getting home hours after I promised to be back. I hate Mustang owners because of the same high and mighty attitudes that are in this thread........"if you aren't doing as I do then you are a POSER". Hey, the guy with 20" rims spent just as much to make his Jeep what he wanted as the guy with full width D60's front and rear and Iroks on the trail each weekend. Don't bash someone else for enjoying their money. Do I think the ARB is poser? yeah a little but ONLY because of the price, if I could find a good looking inexpensive alternative I will be over it like stink on kimshe (spelling?). Either way, who really cares what I think, it's your Jeep, trust me, I don't really give a hoot what you do to your's either as long as you like it.

Long live 8" short arm lifts with D35's and 37" tires on 3.07 gears.

jeepin_al said:
Long live 8" short arm lifts with D35's and 37" tires on 3.07 gears.
LOL!!!

IH8RDS said:
Are the posts closed after 6weeks?
no we push 7 weeks get it straight.. Good to see you here..

I already am, didnt you hear me talking Saturday about putting on spinner hubcaps on the 35s, curb feelers on the ARB, and neon lights under the rock sliders ...

Wait until u see the CJ7 Im building, that will be the ultimate bling factor for the Mall

jeepin_al said:
Actually, its kimchi. ;)

To all the people accusing Beezil of snobbery, he is a demi-god. He is the decider of all things poseur! All will bow down!
Calm down everyone, if you're really that upset over people having opinions about your Jeep, chances are you're a liar. For claiming that you don't care what they think and then getting so mad about what people think you are proving you do care.

P.S. Snorkels are cool, I like the look and I like the peace of mind for just in case...I have spoken there shall be no further discussion!

:D

BlackSport96 said:
Actually, its kimchi. ;)

To all the people accusing Beezil of snobbery, he is a demi-god. He is the decider of all things poseur! All will bow down!
Calm down everyone, if you're really that upset over people having opinions about your Jeep, chances are you're a liar. For claiming that you don't care what they think and then getting so mad about what people think you are proving you do care.

P.S. Snorkels are cool, I like the look and I like the peace of mind for just in case...I have spoken there shall be no further discussion!

:D

BLA BLA BLA BLA!!!! It more of a joke more than anything else we just like to add stuff to the fire

if this is a DD dont do it.. you will get highly annoyed by the sound.. Buddys Trail rig was set up like this and he changed it

XTrmXJ said:
if this is a DD dont do it.. you will get highly annoyed by the sound.. Buddys Trail rig was set up like this and he changed it
Yeah, I was thinking the intake noise would be greatly amplified by being in there with you. Plus then if you break wind that gets sucked into the engine too...talk about a gross polluter

:banghead:plus the engine response might get a little sluggish after a bone-cruise.:smoker:
- wow, it's time to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back