• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

smog issue

when i was having a problem passing in my 89 4.0 31"tires 3.55 gears. the smog tech was telling me to run 87 octane and of the good gas(chevron/shell) to help keep nox down.

Are you going to MOM Smog they are really cool and kinda do a pre test. And they will get you to pass! 40$ cash with certificate.

well i am seafoaming it then running G2P now bottle says run that out before you test is that what you did or do you test with it in there?

we test the delivery trucks with it in. I think the box says that to keep the state off their back for making a cheater chemical :shhh:

Are you going to MOM Smog they are really cool and kinda do a pre test. And they will get you to pass! 40$ cash with certificate.

I have to go to a test only facility due to i think it once before was a gross polluter or something. Mike i will run it in there during smog then. If no pass then:flame:

you can pay to have a pretest done at most places that doesn't report to the state, if you think you're going to fail it might be a good idea. you wouldn't need to go to a test only station for that. The more times you fail the tougher the state is going to crack down on you about it, especially if you're failing AND getting tagged as a gross polluter each time.

good luck, it's a pain in the ass. I still haven't smogged mine because there's no way it will pass the visual the way it sits right now. I F'ed up and let my reg expire because of it so now i have fees built up that I can't afford to pay. :doh:

Where is this? I am going to smog mine in a few weeks.

I have not i am running a bottle of sea foam in the tank through and today i did the foam in the intake. almost done with this tank of gas and then refill with Guaranteed to pass and drive for 60 miles straight into smog place for my pass lol. I will keep informed

I also heard that you can put some rubbing alcohol in the tank and it will help, I was going to try it out when I had to smog mine and it failed but I swapped cats with my totaled jeep and it passed. I would think that most smog pass cheater cans just make it run hotter to burn the carbon and junk out....but what do I know.

I don't care how it does it, i just need it done soon..My jeep only well only see about 200 miles a year on the street.(pavement).But where i live it has to have tags so i can run the low desert..

Water/meth injection will lower your NO, but you will have to hide it pretty well to pass visual (or get a smog guy who will look the other way).

I tried running on methanaol and my NOX went up. I ran 5 gals meth...not high desert meth.. and I'm guessing 4 gals gas and was sure that would lower my nox cause methanol burns cooler.. I was wrong...Water /meth injection might work.

Back