• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

slave cylinder hoses

davidt

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced my slave cylinder yesterday and it is leaking from the hoses :mad:, any tips for getting them to stay tight with out leaking?

it didn't just leak a little bit, it leaked a lot. But it leaks the worst when I pump the clutch. It is leaking out of the bellhousing BTW.

Year? Model? Engine? Internal or external slave?

Hoses -- plural? My '88 only has one hose, and I believe my 2000 only has one hose. We are talking about the clutch slave cylinder, yes?

yup, talking the clutch slave. It is a 1990 comanche with an ax-15. There is a bleeder hose and one that goes to the master cylinder.

If you're leaking fluid out of the bellhousing, your slave cylinder is shot. Means dropping the transmission to replace it on a 1990 AX-15.

Are you sure it's from the bell houseing and not on the hose from the master. I had the same problem and it seemed like it was coming from the bell housing but what was really going on was the fluid was travaling along the outside of the line then running into the bell housing. Replaced the line from master to slave and no more problems.

well, it was a bad slave, I when I pulled the bell housing apart, the throwout bearing fell right off of the slave. The moral of the story is, don't buy a slave from carquest. Go OEM or don't waste your time.

NAPA sells the part at about $90.00, and they're good about getting stuff quickly. I usually call in the morning and they have the part by 2:00 pm.

Back