• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skyjacker subframe question

Here is what I found at Summit Racing

SJA-SFAJC601 SUB FRAME ASSEMBLY $654.95

PM FullsizeXJ. He's a skyjacker dealer.

That's the one. I've found some more pics of it installed around the web and think it looks pretty good.

I called Central 4WD and they wanted about $934 taxed and shipped.

FullsizeXJ is the first vendor I contacted. I was very impressed because he told me that he couldn't get really good pricing on Skyjacker, and referred me to another NAXJA member. (I'm currently waiting for his price.) I will definitely keep FullsizeXJ in mind for my next purchases. I like supporting other NAXJA members when I can.

Blazair, thanks for finding that.

Yes, the subframe is more expensive than DBs and braces, but it's big and beefy, uses longer arms, has more of a gradual slope than the DB braces, and has a new tranny crossmember. I'm running an XJ Nation t-case skid, so I don't believe I'll have any issues with changing the crossmember.

i typically dont like skyjacker, but there subframe seems pretty good considering thomson used it and won some jeepspeed races with it. HAs anybody got that price yet on what the subframe and arms would cost? I def dont want SJ springs or anything else if i decide to go the mid arm route

TnT will make ya some mid arms for $330 Shipped (1.75" - $280 for the 1.5"). The price on the subframe from Summit Racing is $650. Compared to the RE DBs and Braces with a SF Arm; thats about a $400 ish difference. I know everyone will post up saying if you are going to drop that kind of cash, then why not just get long arms. But if you are looking at DBs at all, then more then likely, you're not after long arms. So the price comparison there is pretty irrelevant. Now are the improved design characteristics and the use of a mi arm enough to Justiy another $400 over the Rubicon parts? Most on here will tell you no. But it's your Jeep, you are really the only one who needs "justify" anything; which is proven here on a daily basis. Over half the people who post up asking for opinions end up going with what they were going to in the first place regardless of the input by the members. You jsut need to pick what you think will be the best thing for your rig...................:thumbup:

the lower arms are the same as a dodge ram lower arms

I'm gonna dig up an old thread here with a few questions.

Upper arms- Anyone useing RE adj. upper arms with thier Skyjacker subframe?

Trans mount- Which mount are you guys using?

Back