• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Simple block warmer...

Thanks to all.

Located some info that engine block heaters install in the front freeze plug location (AKA frost plug) on the 6 cyl 4.0L.

Orange

I grew up where it routinely got colder than -40F. Another good thing is a flat plate heater attached to your battery. A warm battery can give twice the cranking amps.

We ran block heaters as well as dipstick heaters and battery heaters. We ran them all night long when it was cold.

i start to shiver violently before my 5 minute commute to work is done!! oh, and will they cause my engine to over heat when it gets to be 115*+ summers?? i can turn them on in the summer heat to help keep the engine thing from overheating like i have to do with the heater right??

There is one in every bunch..........!

I grew up where it routinely got colder than -40F. Another good thing is a flat plate heater attached to your battery. A warm battery can give twice the cranking amps.

We ran block heaters as well as dipstick heaters and battery heaters. We ran them all night long when it was cold.

I've seen them park vehicles over radiant heaters at a few air force bases, heaters were a couple of feet wide and 8 or so feet long, quartz faced.

Had a GF way back whose daddy had a MB diesel. he would put a 90w trouble light under the hood at nite and then cover the hood with an insulated blanket. Started every morning.

Back