• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra off road trails

hadAjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Me and a few buddies are heading up to the sierra's this weekend for some wheeling and camping. None of us have ever been to edison or florence lake and we're wondering if we can pull a tent trailer down those roads, or are they too rough? I'll be in my Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 and he'll be in his 4x2 MJ pulling his trailer. We're going up friday night from fresno and staying somewhere on dinkey creek road. Then hit as many trails as possible saturday and sunday. What do you guys think of Bald Mtn, Brewer ohv route, Mirror route, strawberry route? We went up 2 weeks ago on swamp route for about a mile. Full size, quad cab, long bed trucks need not apply....man I need a jeep. Anyway my buddy and I are new to this and you guys on here have been lots of help so far so I figured I would ask what you guys thought. Thanks

hadAjeep said:
Me and a few buddies are heading up to the sierra's this weekend for some wheeling and camping. None of us have ever been to edison or florence lake and we're wondering if we can pull a tent trailer down those roads, or are they too rough? I'll be in my Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 and he'll be in his 4x2 MJ pulling his trailer. We're going up friday night from fresno and staying somewhere on dinkey creek road. Then hit as many trails as possible saturday and sunday. What do you guys think of Bald Mtn, Brewer ohv route, Mirror route, strawberry route? We went up 2 weeks ago on swamp route for about a mile. Full size, quad cab, long bed trucks need not apply....man I need a jeep. Anyway my buddy and I are new to this and you guys on here have been lots of help so far so I figured I would ask what you guys thought. Thanks

Last year a buddy of mine and I did Strawberry route and it's possible in two wheel drive but not recomended some areas you definatly need 4x4 mode. Mirror is the same way but Bald Mtn is a fun route to take not to difficalt. Have fun.

Back