• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest, August 10-15

I am seriously considering it in the buggy.....should be nice

Wow thats pretty close to us. I am thinking about going too.

Use this as motivation to get those gears and locker in. The swamp run is a great place.

Swamp_Lake_2012_-_044-la.jpg

Swamp_Lake_2012_-_107-la.jpg

Swamp_Lake_2012_-_150-la.jpg

Swamp_Lake_2012_-_161-la.jpg

Swamp_Lake_2012_-_267-la.jpg

Swamp_Lake_2012_-_343-la.jpg

:eyes:

Good trip, I love the Sierras. More photos here.

I did Swamp last year with Goatman's group and had great time.

I'm inclined to join the Sierra Chapter for the Swamp run this year, though I may just go up for the day run Saturday, and the dinner and raffle and such. Haven't decided yet.

I'll be there. Did plenty of damage at SierraFest last year and wouldnt miss it for anything. Ended up breaking enough to upgrade front and rear gear sets and both lockers (Grizzly up front, ARB in rear). That led to on board air, new rear leafs, Bilsteins, and a long arm upgrade.

If I get my jeep back together in time I might head up there.

Shawn,
Think of it as Big Bear on steroids

Ha, I was just going put up an invite thread and found this.

Swamp will be run mid-week with some day runs planned around it.

Check out the event forum: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1118152

We are going back to the site of the very first official SierraFest run, circa 2007. Shaver Lake, CA is home to some of the finest trails that the Southern Sierras have to offer. We will be holding the event near Dinky Creek, about 25 miles from the town of Shaver Lake. The dates for the event are August 10th - 15th, 2015.

The main trail we will be running is Swamp Lake. We have tentatively planned to run that trail mid-week. The plan is to spend 1 day wheeling the first half of Swamp Lake and setting up camp at Grouse Lake. Day 2 will be spent relaxing, hiking, swimming, and enjoying the area. Day 3 we will wheel the 2nd half of the trail and return to the Dinky Creek area.

Saturday the 15th we will be running the Bald Mountain trail. This is an easy trail with many optional obstacles to play around on. The actual trail itself can be run with a 2wd vehicle. We will break for lunch at the top of Bald Mtn, and head back to Dinky Creek for the BBQ dinner and raffle.

There will also be day runs on Monday and Friday on yet to be determined trails. Due to the high elevation of this area, approx 9000 feet elevation, the trails are subject to seasonal closures and will only open when clear of all snow. So unfortunately we don't have any set trails for the these days until we know for sure which trails are actually open. Most likely it will include Red Lake/Coyote Lake trails, and Brewer Lake trail for the day runs.

The BBQ and raffle will be held on Saturday night, August 15th.

Also,

if you want shirts for SF we are doing a pre order thread in our chapter somewhere so please post up there.

Back