• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

show off your Bar.

REWSTER

BACON!
NAXJA Member
i need ideas. I'm buying a house with a good size basement and its the only room that needs work right away. so once i get the keys i am walking in with a sledge hammer and getting to work building a nice little home bar/rec room. the plan is to have room for a pool table, sitting/gaming area for the kids, and a full size bar with room for my kegs. i kinda have an idea of how I'm going to set it all up but would like to see some pics and get some ideas.

so whose got a good setup. lets see them.

Im in the same boat you are, just signed on the house today actually, the basement is half finished...already coming with the pool table too...I was planning on a penny top over copper flashing, framed in distressed wood, and for the front and sides I was going to do copper flashing framed in distressed wood. I may tarnish the copper flashing in the front.
penny top:
http://cdn.hometalk.com/media/img_1...cc9f5c34c3dc7fed1.jpg?size=1000x1000&nocrop=1
Sheetmetal or copper flashed front
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e1/85/37/e18537663a66d1de94efd22b96abb09c.jpg

I may have built as many bars as you've been in, Rew.

Well, probably not, but many dozens anyway.

Simple ones like this...

To fancier ones like these...

And at the same place as that last one, did the pool bar also...

Did the finish carpentry work on the bar at Ariel's in Tinley Park...

If you ever get time to stop by for a beer, I have lots more pics...

I was definitely going to pick your brain once I got in the house and got started on demo.

No pictures of mine but it works great and helps move stuff well.

Edit: Here's an example. Mine is 72"long.

image014.jpg

Hope this helped!

Sanke kegs or homebrew? Do you have a keezer?

homebrew. mini fridge with 2 corny kegs. i do have a freezer that i could build a keezer out of if i decide i want more than 2 beers on tap at a time. the fridge i have has no cooling lines running through the top so it will be easy to mount a tower.

so the house i bought is a tri level and the basement had a bunch of walls in it, someone turned it into a bedroom/ office. i didnt get any pics before all the drywall got knocked out.

turrned a full bath into a half bath.

then we found out one of the walls was load bearing.

sat that way for a couple weeks till last night we got that sucker out of there.

this the the area the bar is going to be in. its only going to be like 5 ft long.

gotta lota work to do but getting that wall out of the way should push it along.

Damn. I was going to come in here and put up a sarcastic photo and I see I've already done so.

:(

There's other types of bars also.

How about a California bar?

How about prison bars, like so many of our politicians wind up behind?

Or pull-up bars. Those are good for you.

I want to build a loft over the low garage door in my garage, maybe a 250 sq ft finished room (it's a 30x40 garage total with 14' high open rafters), and put a small bar/tv/sitting area in there with decent lighting and heat/air. Maybe some year I'll get that built and post some pictures, right now it's just theoretical.

Little update. Paint and flooring are done.

20151017_194234_zpsheym29zm.jpg

20151017_194305_zpszhr8ruxy.jpg

got the pool table down there. working on the bar tonight probably only build the frame because i haven't figured out what to put on the sides and what to use for a bar top.

I have been redoing my basement. Pretty much gutted the whole basment, insulated, added hvac, new lighting, and put in a half bath... and of course a bar.....
Some trippy art work behind the walls...

Framed in for a 1/2 bath, bar area, and a closet area for the sump pump and water meter.

Kocked out the bathroom first.

Removed the drop celing and painted the celing black...

Moved onto the bar area...

I made the recessed wall section 5' to allow for 2- 18'' wall cabinets, then I ordered some 24’’ glass shelfs to fit in between. For the base I used a 36’’ regular base and removed one drawer so I could put a sink in the corner. The 24’’ open space will be for a built in style fridge.

Framed out the bar area..

Added some tile.

Trimed out and moking up the foot rail..

For the tops I am going to use hard wood flooring that will be covred in clear epoxy coating after stain.

Here is the lower done.

Now I’m waiting for the "Chicago bar style" rail to get in to make the main bar top.... also debating what color stain for everting.

Last edited:
Back