• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show me your recovery points!

I know guess its more of winch mount its looks to be well made an light weight.

Mine a few months ago.Have a JCR rear stage 1 bumper now with two 3/4 d-ring shackles.Front is Rigid bumper.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Ray H said:
You know the Detours Backbone isnt a whole bumper, right?
Its just the mounting system for the winch and shackles and reuses the stock bumper.

Its really what you make it into, I know mine isn't a full bumper but I'm working on it! I have a f150 manik bush bar to cut up and play with.
IMG_0001.jpg
this'll due for winter anyway, don't mind my dinky winters!! make for poor fuel mileage on the highway with 4:10

Timber said:
Not to start anything, but your bumper itself is still only bolted on with three bolts per side. Granted, they are bolted to frame plates, but I don't see why a bumper couldn't be bolted to tow hook brackets and be fine. That would be as strong as, if not stronger than, a front receiver-mounted winch setup.

Back on topic--I have C4x4 tow hooks on front, but as soon as it warms up I'm taking the actual hooks off and switching to shackle brackets. In the rear, I just have a sturdy hitch.
EDIT: Forgot a pic.
IMG_0632.jpg

Psss! Ha WTF, might I ask, is the chicken wire for? As well as the goofy bar welded to the pushbar? Maybe there's some functional reason for it but hey... ya never know!

lowrange2 said:
Psss! Ha WTF, might I ask, is the chicken wire for? As well as the goofy bar welded to the pushbar? Maybe there's some functional reason for it but hey... ya never know!

keep the chickens and gophers out! hell you ever hit a flying squirrel at 80?:yap:

The wire is to keep small stones from damaging my tranny cooler and radiator (since I do a lot of driving on gravel roads), and the "goofy bar" welded to the pushbar were done before I cut the outsides of the stock bumper off. Glad I could amuse you yet again.

Ya know back in my day we didn't have recovery points. we buckled up , gripped the wheel, and held the tow stap in our teeth. haha but seriously all these bumpers and things are making me jealous. I currently have NO bumper, but I do have a warn 5687 8,000 (grandpa of the 8274) and im having trouble finding somehtign that will accomodate it with out mounting it up too high or way out in front. I dont think a detours will work for me either, as the mounting holes are out in front.. But this is what I am looking at and maybe fab a bracket to hold my winch. found it on ebay

Matts.jpg

bar.jpg

raxbackbone.jpg

raw.jpg

Last edited:
Back