• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I or should I not

The only use for a D35 is holding down jackstands, or making sure a boat doesn't float away.

The 8.25 is a great axle, either version. Run it on tires up to 33" with no worries, 35's with a little care.

The D44 is a fantastic axle, the 33 and 35 spline upgrades are a nifty option.

For me, the 8.8 is the best way to go; the disc brakes cannot by overestimated. I would never wheel without them again. With the way mine's built I am not worried about running 37" tires, however, it is certainly not "30% stronger" than a D44. That's as dumb as something Cappa would say.

To the OP: Whatever you decide, do it once. It costs the same (more or less) to regear and buy a locker and buy alloy shafts for a 35, 44, 8.25 or 8.8. Don't get in the position where you have to build two different axles to meet your eventual goals.

-----Matt-----

FTMFW. I'll be taking Matt's advice to heart. :cool:

~Scott

You're the very first person to say that. Ever.

Sackrider.

:D

I predict Scott will be spending lot's of money on replacing broken parts in the near future.

Back