• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

should I keep the D30 or go D44?

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
well I have never broken my D30 and I am still running the 260 ujoints. Do you think I should keep this or upgrade to a D44? I can go either way right now I got a D44 that I picked up for $150 complete. I was gonna order my rockkrawler longarms at the end of this month but got to thinking that $475 could be used for the D44 install. what do you guys think? If I keep the D30 its getting solidshaft swap with bigger ujoints, longarms, and an eaton locker. If I go D44 I need rotors, brakepads, I will be running radius arms upfront, and an eaton locker, I get the gears from my father in law for free.
So post up some opinions. Oh and how do I get a MWC sticker? :wave:

BUCKYXJ said:
well I have never broken my D30 and I am still running the 260 ujoints. Do you think I should keep this or upgrade to a D44? I can go either way right now I got a D44 that I picked up for $150 complete. I was gonna order my rockkrawler longarms at the end of this month but got to thinking that $475 could be used for the D44 install. what do you guys think? If I keep the D30 its getting solidshaft swap with bigger ujoints, longarms, and an eaton locker. If I go D44 I need rotors, brakepads, I will be running radius arms upfront, and an eaton locker, I get the gears from my father in law for free.
So post up some opinions. Oh and how do I get a MWC sticker? :wave:
Using the D44 or keeping the D30 would depend on where you are going with your Jeep. If you keep the D30, you should at least upgrade your axleshafts to the 297 u-joints ... but you should already know that. Another consideration, if you do not have very much money invested in the D30 yet, you may want to use the D44. Sounds like you picked it up cheap enough. BTW ... what D44 did you get? ... HP or LP ... does it have the cast spring perches since it has a radius arm set up?

Actually ... you probably would get better advice form other more experienced people than me.

BTW ... contact PhunkadelicXJ (Paula) for the stickers.

Les

im gonna run the radius arms and I do believe they are cast but not sure.

You're in a similar predicament as me and probably many other ppl. I am trying to weigh my options of running the 30 or a 44. Im pretty sure the positives of a 44 outweigh the negatives. Better brakes, manual hubs, good steering...Those 36's are just askin for the 44. I only plan on running 34-35" tires tops and Id rather have the satisfaction of knowing that my axles are up to the task.

im staying at 36s for now but going to 38s possibly in a few years

Last edited:
Back