• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shift kits

I'm on the first page as MKIII87Turbo and did this to my Supra. The shifts were firmer but nothing harsh about it. Under normal driving I hardly noticed the improvement, but under hard acceleration it was definitely there, but again not to harsh. If I had this tranny in my 95 XJ, I would definitely do the mod.

I'm on the first page as MKIII87Turbo and did this to my Supra. The shifts were firmer but nothing harsh about it. Under normal driving I hardly noticed the improvement, but under hard acceleration it was definitely there, but again not to harsh. If I had this tranny in my 95 XJ, I would definitely do the mod.

This kit is something I can do at home easily? Pretty much drop valve body, install new parts, reinstall valve body right? No drilling or whatever? I know a really good tranny guy but I'd rather do it myself if I can.

Just make sure you lay the pieces out in order when you get into the valve body. Otherwise it's pretty easy. Watch the ball bearings so they don't get lost when you drop the VB.

Seriously would like more details here. Something more than "it works". I want to know what the mods are...what comes in the kit.

Do they provide a new separator plate or are they shimming accumulators?
How do they increase the line pressure?

Does it even increase the line pressure, or is this just for faster shifts?

Back