• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shift Kit Transgo 340-HD2 Reprogramming Kit

I'm hoping to be able to make a VB that raises line pressure, shifts like she means it while doing it as smoothly as possible, and locks-in 1st when in the 1-2 range. Am I missing anything? Just about any performance characteristic can be adjusted to suit the specific applications requirements.

What specifically does raising the line pressure do?

Increases the clamping force of the clutches, which increases the amount of torque the transmission can handle before slippage begins to occur. Similar to installing stiffer springs in a clutch.
I expect there will also be a small effect on RWHP, though whether it is more or less I am not yet sure. I hear via interwebs that the AW4 is more efficient under higher pressures, but I haven't seen the math. I personally expect that raising pressures will require more energy input to turn the pump, increase internal fluid friction, increase internal temps...unless the pump is just ...you know what, I'm babbling.
Eventual dyno testing will get me that data, and then we can all interpret the numbers to fit within our individual preconceived notions. :)

I have my box of leftover parts and a few unused parts and instructions from my install if you want it, was going to throw it out.

I won't need the parts, I don't think, but I would like to see the instruction sheet first-hand. If you can scan and send it that would be cool, but otherwise don't worry about it since the kit en route will have the instructions in it.

It's probably just easier to send them to you. PM me your address.

Is it necessary to replace the vb gaskets? Where can i find that gaskets, because i already ask some mopar online retailer and they said it's already discontinue.

about years past the CobraMarty tests, it's still a great upgrade?

any more information about this transgo kit (is durable, funcional) someone has video in youtube using?

I recently installed this kit in my jeep and I did the "hot rod" setting, I had to back down the transmission cable on the throttle body because with it in the stock setting it would bark 33x12.50 tires on the 1-2 shift, even with my clapped out stock motor. But overall it really woke up the shifts in the trans, it no longer lazily goes from gear to gear.

I recently installed this kit in my jeep and I did the "hot rod" setting, I had to back down the transmission cable on the throttle body because with it in the stock setting it would bark 33x12.50 tires on the 1-2 shift, even with my clapped out stock motor. But overall it really woke up the shifts in the trans, it no longer lazily goes from gear to gear.

Wow Sideways! but you using you xj as daly drive? Has the installation for much time?

Maybe the "Truck/offroad" settings are best configuration for a daly driver user?

thank you for your feedback

Wow Sideways! but you using you xj as daly drive? Has the installation for much time?

Maybe the "Truck/offroad" settings are best configuration for a daly driver user?

thank you for your feedback

I don't drive my jeep daily anymore, but I still drive it around town and at part throttle the shifts are crisp, but not too harsh, I really like it.

As for the install time, it took me a week to do the install since I didn't order up the VB gaskets before starting the job and my originally ones crumbled into dust. Thankfully transgo is local to me and I was able to will call the parts. But overall I think it probably took me 6 hours to do.

I did halfway between the two. I had the right size drill bit, it shifts perfect and is a big improvement in overall shift quality.

What you mean "halfway between the two"? You drill the truck setup holes but change the 1/2 valve too or otherwise, do the hotrod holes and not use the new valve?

Back