• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sheep, Sheepdogs, and Wolves.

Fergie said:
When I took my wife camping for the first time, she was alarmed I brought my pistol along. She grew up in Baltimore, and never had good experiences with guns. Now she has been educated about them and is comfortable around them.Fergie

Too funny. I'd be alarmed if we weren't armed. Unfortunately, Crash and my comfort levels with firearms are a little too high - although we usually keep all firearms locked up in the gun safe when we leave the house, we forgot one time when my folks were visiting. Crash and I left the house for work, and my parents were going to leave a little bit after us to head home. My mother (God bless her) decided to help out by vacuuming, and was startled by Crash's Glock on the nightstand. Fortunately (or unfortunately, when it comes to the cash flow,) my father shares my husband's affection for purchasing firearms (gotta have one for varmint shooting, one for deer, a shotgun for upland game, a shotgun for ducks/pheasant/grouse, and one...two...well, maybe more...for self defense.

Wasn't it Henry Rollins who said that every woman should carry a .44 in her purse? Sure would help reduce the percentage of crimes against women.

Wolf - imagine that they're referring to coyotes and sheep. Or feral dogs and sheep. Big picture.

TEXJ said:
I'm at Sheppard AFB. I teach ARMY, NAVY, and AIRFORCE. The Job is BMET / Medical Equipment Repair. The task in the field is
MASH unit setup - Tents, Generators, Lighting, ECU's, and equipment
Mission - Take care of the Warfighter. Provide armed security for our field hospitals.
I teach mainly Army but also Border Patrol. I instruct CBRNE, NBC, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and this year I'll be certified to teach Explosives/IEDs, and Anti-Terrorism Level I. This is the best job! I can't believe I lucked up and landed it. One of the really fun things is taking the OBC students through the Chamber. :D

Yeah, we do that too at our readiness site. It's fun to watch them all come out will drool, snot, and tears coming out of every pour. Expecially if they rub there eyes. Thats awsome.

TEXJ said:
Yeah, we do that too at our readiness site. It's fun to watch them all come out will drool, snot, and tears coming out of every pour. Expecially if they rub there eyes. Thats awsome.

haha, we told the n00b city kids to shave the morning before we hit the chamber in Basic.

:rattle:

I'll have to scan the pic of me coming out of the house. I was grinning like a mofo because I was one of the lucky ones who wasn't *that* affected by it. Pulled off my mask in the house and walked up to my Drill SGT, rattled off my name/rank/serial and GRINNED. He laughed and shoved me towared the door. :D

Now see, that's just mean. That's the kind of thing that sticks with you all day. Kinda like haveing some towels in the gas chamber then handing those same towels to the students after they finish washing thier faces off. Starts the whole process all over again. (I got in trouble for that one).

TEXJ said:
Now see, that's just mean. That's the kind of thing that sticks with you all day. Kinda like haveing some towels in the gas chamber then handing those same towels to the students after they finish washing thier faces off. Starts the whole process all over again. (I got in trouble for that one).

You just have to develop a taste for it, we used the stuff as insect repellent when doing nite fires. Freakin misquitoes get so thick in upstate NY, Ft Drum, that you have to wear a poncho and mask up, they still sound like its raining out on the poncho hood. Takes about 3 days 3x a day and it's no worse than diesel exhaust...just a background smell..

I got stuck right by the canister in the middle, man that stuff was horrid.

The best was a video my old NCO had. There was a tree near the exit of the chamber, and people would come out flapping and get clocked on one of the limbs if they werent paying attention.

They eventually chopped the tree because a soldier got laid out from the barnch he hit so hard.

Fergie

I think that is a basic design element. Ours had a tree right out side the exit door too. They chopped it down a couple years ago.

Fergie said:
I got stuck right by the canister in the middle, man that stuff was horrid.

The best was a video my old NCO had. There was a tree near the exit of the chamber, and people would come out flapping and get clocked on one of the limbs if they werent paying attention.

They eventually chopped the tree because a soldier got laid out from the barnch he hit so hard.

Fergie

Back