• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackles and 30's

AndyMoore85

Man guys I can't seem to upload my picture. I have it uploaded to photobucket but dont understand what you mean by inserting the link there. Shouldn't the picture appear within the post as zfingers and the other pictures appeared?

Under the picture it sohuld have an IMG box with an address in it. just right click, copy-then paste it here.

FWIW I had done a Daystar BB as well and was happy with it. Did have to trim the exhaust pipe though. Also even with only 30" tires I could still get it to bottom out. I was running Firestone Destinations though which are a pretty big 30". I know my speedo was off but not by much. I would just have someone pace you @ 60 OR just chuck a GPS up on the dash while driving to figure out the differance.

EDIT- the thing I like about doing a shackle/spacer BB too is that it's an expandable lift kit in the future. I threw a set of 3.5" spring all around later and I'm now sitting at between 5-6"

Ahh the view of sweetness. Thanks girlscout1. Yea i decided to go with the Rusty's Budget lift. its the 1 3/4 inch coil spacer and an add a leaf. They said its about 2 inches andw ill make it sit level. Its only 110 bucks i believe which isnt too bad. I also decided just to stick with the 235 series but still swap to the bfg a/t. Like i said before it is my dd so i want to keep it simple. Now when i have my cruiser sitting in the driveway (in the process of being a state trooper ;) ) I'll lift my jeep a good 4.5-5 inches with at the least 31's maybe 32's. But thanks for all your help guys. By the way what do you think of the way she looks now? I think she's pretty damn sexy

When your in your album in photobucket, just copy and paste all the babble in the bottom box. There are 3 different line, copy and paste the bottom one in here and it will show your picture.
Flexing at work with Daystar BB
flex1.jpg

Rear shackle flex
flex2.jpg

Front spacer flex
flex3.jpg

leftyatm said:
and will i be able to fit 30x 9.50 with no problems?

I ran 30x9.5 BFG muds on my stock 00 xj with no problem. They should come from the factory with 30's IMO

Not sure if this has been stated already but be careful with the shackle. if your leafs are already saggy, the front may look a tad higher with the 2" spacer.

what size are those bfg's you are running? and do you have a picture of it sitting normal. I'd like to see how they look on the jeep and how well they fill the wheelwell. thanks

see post #14??????
Thats a clean Xj you got there. Glad to see you got the pic to work. ;)

EDIT :
dont forget to extend the bumpstops, i made my own extentions.

Last edited:
Thanks, yea she is my baby i try to keep her as clean as possible with what little time i have between school and work. but i plan on tinting the front windows...i hate how clear they are. and like i said a minimal lift to set her apart frmo the rest of the stock xj's running around here.

Back