• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle relocation/F-150 springs (writeup w/pics)

did you use the tube as a guide? or as actual support and did you go all the way to the top of the box? did you weld the tube or bolt it in? sorry to be askin so many questions but im lookin at doin the same thing and just tryin to find the best way to do it. mine will be welded to my carrier and to the unibody

did you use the tube as a guide? or as actual support and did you go all the way to the top of the box? did you weld the tube or bolt it in? sorry to be askin so many questions but im lookin at doin the same thing and just tryin to find the best way to do it. mine will be welded to my carrier and to the unibody
No problem...
The tube runs up into the box and bolts to the factory shackle hanger, so it serves as a support. However it doesn't go all the way to the top of the box, I didn't see this as necessary. The main plate is bolted to the stock skid/hitch bolts, and an additional place in the rear crossmember.

The ones on my old XJ don't even have the tube, but they catch more hitch bolts and are fully welded on. The other ones I made with the sleeve are a full bolt in deal, and are not welded although they could be. There are a total of 5 bolts holding them in place.

I just welded my boxes completely. I'm not using F-150 springs, but I bent up some metal, punched a few holes for plug welds and went for it.

Back