• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SFPD shooting... here we go...

Ahhh 'murica

I just got a job offer to be a DOD police officer, I can't wait to deal with stupidity again.

My thoughts were initially, wow, wonder what he did that resulted in that. Found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp75oaQQJ04#

Law abiding citizens don't have anything to gain by running. If you believe youtube mobs, no one has ever been legally stopped, arrested, beaten, or shot by law enforcement. There are cases where it's really suspect, but I have a hard time believing the SFPD killed this particular guy over bus fare.

I watched the two more popular videos. Hey, a guy is bleeding to death in the street. Break out your cell phones and start screaming insults. Who cares if the guy isn't dead, or may have murdered a pregnant woman the day before. He's black, and you're on the internet. Go nuts.

Makes my head hurt.

And what will (or should) really make your head hurt is thinking about what would've happened if the outcome was different. What would those same people's reaction be to the situation if the suspect had shot and killed one of the cops that was pursuing him?

He'd get "street cred" or be acclaimed for defending himself from the "POE-LEESE" and it would never even make the local news, much less national news. These people should be shot.

If you pause the second video I linked at 15 seconds, you can see what reeeeally looks like a gun in the extreme low right corner.

However, it wasn't what the striped hoody guy picked up later in the video.

He'd get "street cred" or be acclaimed for defending himself from the "POE-LEESE" and it would never even make the local news, much less national news. These people should be shot.

If you've got nothing to hide then you've got nothing to fear from a law enforcement officer. An officer should be able to stop these fools by any means available. Then agian we are talking about San Francisco....a liberal's version of utopia.

Erm, I may not have all of the relevant facts here, but something that stands out:

If you do take potshots at an armed individual, expect them to be returned. Doesn't matter if the individual you're shooting at is uniformed or not, has a badge or not, or whatever.

The idea that the rabble are protesting this concerns me - apparently, police (and probably by extension, armed people in general) aren't supposed to return fire.

I also like how he's constantly "alleged" to have shot at the cops.

Wasn't this an in-duh-vidual already on parole anyhow? Meaning, he's not allowed to even have a firearm under Federal & California law? What would the outcome have been if he'd simply been arrested after all, and that factoid came to light? I'm sure much political mileage for the radical Leftist disarmament movement would have been made (and probably still will be, give 'em time.)

It's bad enough just being an hour away from that benighted cesspit of scrofulous lackwits - while I do enjoy visiting the City proper at fairly sparse intervals, I can say that working there is invariably a pain in the arse, and there seem to be enough stressors that I'm amazed there aren't more serial killers up there. Just people who have decided they've had enough, y'know?

OK - since it seems that independent civilian witness have said that the I-D-ten-T fired first, we can strip "alleged" from the accusation. (NB: I put "alleged" in quote marks not because I didn't believe the allegation, but because the journalists didn't trust what was already out there. I'm mildly surprised he's still not "alleged" to have shot first, even in the face of witnesses and technical evidence.)

Some more facts have come to light, apparently, and I feel even more like this was likely a clean shoot.

I'd be interested in seeing more of the actual reports & statements involved before I could really render an opinion, but it's sounding an awful lot like the kill was righteous here.

Don't want cops shooting at you? Then it's a good idea to not shoot at them first! Don't do anything threatening, and I won't threaten you. Don't act like you want to be murdered, and I won't act murderously toward you. It's really very simple - I don't see the problem here, from what I've seen so far.

What kind of logic is that anyways??? The guy was "murdered" over an unpaid fare???

Oh that's right, it's liberal dumbass logic.

Methinks it's more "he was killed because when asked about an unpaid fair, he turned and ran - then took shots at the cops."

But we are dealing with San Francisco here...

And what will (or should) really make your head hurt is thinking about what would've happened if the outcome was different. What would those same people's reaction be to the situation if the suspect had shot and killed one of the cops that was pursuing him?

He'd probably get +1 star, then more cops would roll out and eventually you're at 4 stars. Before you know it you got more helicopters and tanks after you than you know what to do with.

He'd probably get +1 star, then more cops would roll out and eventually you're at 4 stars. Before you know it you got more helicopters and tanks after you than you know what to do with.
Presumably that's a GTA reference, yes?

i lol'd.

There's more to this incident than is contained in the youtube vidoes posted.

I work for the transit system. We suffer from fare evaders (polite way of saying cheats or scofflaws) and the T-Third rail line is either #1 or #2 for fare cheats.

Transit deaths came in threes. The officer that shoot a rider on New Years Eve a few years back was released from jail, shortly thereafter another rider was shot by BART system police and then less than a week later this young parolee who was goign to meet his music producer was shot after a fare receipt request.

Since this last shooting of a rider by police the Municipal Railway has seen an increase in shootings at the vehicles. There are two coaches in the body shop now being patched from this past weekends activities, one with seven holes. I made the politically incorrect statement of stopping service to that part of town and of course that went over as well as passing gas during a sermon on Sunday. There has been over $50K in vandalism above the normal daily grafitti & glass breakage attributed to operating vehicles in the vicinity of the shooting.

All the crime associated with this individual aside, he was a parolee not a saint, the piece meal relase of 'facts' by the SFPD and reported by the SF Comical cause me concern.

As reported over the course of a few days>
African American man shot after running from police and shooting at police.
Dead suspect was unarmed.
YouTube video shows a gun on the ground at scene.
Police obtain 45cal handgun from another parolee in the area after recieving a tip.
Audio recording of shots fired released, plenty of rounds expended (about a dozen)
Retrieved gun doen't match caliber of shots fired.
Unspent .380 bullet found in deadman's jacket.
Coroner ruling states suspect hit twice, once in the leg and the fatal bullet in the neck. Caliper of the fatal bullet does not match the police issued weapons...it is a .380. Leg wound matches police caliper.

Remember about a dozen shots? That's plenty of unaccounted for collateral damage. The piecemeal release of information, the rush to get what little information is available to the press and public indicates to me no one has the answer and the department is on the defensive.

Go to SFGate.com and read the comments about the victims mother hiring civil rights lawyer John Burris. Except for the local community and the anarchists that were arrrested the other night during the protests this victim and his family are not garnering much sympathy. About those anarchists arrested, the majority did not live in san francisco and only one person arrested lived in the neighborhood where the shooting took place, about five streets over from where I am typing this.

Tension in this area of The City is high.

Last edited:
Back