• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Selling my 99 XJ

Dewidge

NAXJA Forum User
I believe the time has finally come to part ways with the XJ. I am the second owner having bought it in 2001. It's been a great vehicle for me, but it's time I get something new. We've been looking at JKU's :)

The good:
- About 140k on the clock. Still running strong
- 31" Duratracs still still have a good bit of life left (Spare is a 31" BFG A/T)
- 4" lift (BDS 3" springs with spacer, RE 3.5" leaves)
- Rough Country adjustable x-flex control arms (all 4)
- Stock gas tank skid
- Skid row TC skid
- Solid rear diff cover
- Rock rails
- Custom front bumper
- Stock engine skid
- hack & tap SYE to use stock front drive shaft
- Newer aluminum radiator
- Quick discos
- New ZJ steering setup
- Rough Country Track Bar
- Replaced ball joints and all front end bushing last year (TB and control arms)
- 4WD works great
- maybe a few other small items

The bad:
- Was rear ended a few months ago. No unibody damage. Bent bumper, hatch, and driver side lower quarter panel. I replaced the hatch with a new one with some dents and have a bumper that needs painted to match.
- Needs front shocks
- Has small oil leak. Never needs topped off between changes.
- It's over due for u-joints
- Needs an alignment
- Some small rust spots (lower door edge, rear lower quarters, bubbling near rear window edging)
- Roof point cracked and some surface rust
- Needs clock spring replaced

I'll add some more current pics soon including pics of damage. I'm sure there are pics out there in some of my old threads as well.
Asking $2500 due to the 'bad' items needing work.

Not on Craigslist yet, but will probably go up next weekend.

Last edited:
Why no pics of the jeep other than the damage?

I'll get them up. I don't have them on my work laptop.

Anything specific you want to see? It looks the same except the damage above which is pretty hidden. I have a new bumper with end caps and replaced the hatch.

I'll take some shots of the new rear tonight.

I figured most people would want to come see it in person before committing anyway.

For Collkid! From this morning. I do have the rear fender flares just have not popped them back on yet.

9bbtiu.jpg

ezv9w.jpg

15x4dac.jpg

Just an update. It's basically sold. They wanted a CO title instead of my NE one but committed to coming back for it in a few weeks once title is delivered.

So basically sold.

Back