• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Second Noob Run 2K6

Sniggs said:
It's a Northwest event. Not an official NAXJA event.

I thought part of this discussion at NW Fest was to create 4 official NAXJA events? NWFest, NOOBFEST, Snow Run, and a Spring Event. That is what this thread is about.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94194

Now, maybe I am wrong? Please put me in my place. Are there issues with making it an annual formal event?

Sounds like Tahula is making more and more sense.

Just to add to the planning, I really like the idea of adding some additional training if we actually make this a weekend type event. Maybe trail planning, minimum equipment lists, packing or planning food/clothes etc, winching techniques, decision making on the trail, etc, etc. Just some ideas. I would be more than happy to help plan any of these if you need help Eli just send me a PM and we can talk about it more back channel.

Michael

2xtreme said:

Tahuya, not Tahula.... Unless that is you're offering to teach us all how to hula...? :D

hula-dancers_1.jpg

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Tahuya, not Tahula.... Unless that is you're offering to teach us all how to hula...? :D

hula-dancers_1.jpg

-----Matt-----
The Y and L are very close to one another on my keyboard:)
I will be more careful in the future.
Michael

I should be able to make a run in late September, as long as we dont have to be red to go, getting the jeep back up and running properly has gotten to my wallet and I dont think a membership is in my near future. I had a blast on the last noob run and meeting everyone last year at Reiter.

IXNAYXJ said:
Is that a no on the Hula lessons? And can you supply grass skirts?

-----Matt-----

Believe it or not. I can supply Hula skirts:) And I can Hula Hoop, but can not teach Hula lessons;)
Michael

mojojojo said:
i vote for something central... or do we do 2 runs 1 north, 1 south. (I am sure between all of us portland / vanc. people we could put together a 2nd run for the south. we could discuss it at the meet n greet) just a thought.

i vote for a multiple day event so folks with funky schedules can make at least 1 day of it.

Myself and Dvipercop were talking about helping out with a Portland area noob run, if everyone decides to have 2 different runs. Either way I think I could help out where ever possible. My rigs not wheelable at the moment, but I could always help from a passenger seat. I like the the idea of camping, getting together to have a drink is always a good idea.

when we get a list of all the possible places together,
can people go through and give a little experience info about each place? there
are some people (namely me) who have never been to any of them.

also, i have the problem of being a 1.5"er with 30x9.5, and on top of that,
im too much of a puss for any body damage (yes that includes rockers)

im just too pretty.

will most places require a orv permit?

We got a date and place confirmed yet?
My wife is busting to go. She is doing all of the driving!!

Hans, Jason, Others? get your wives ready, they should all be driving this weekend!!

Michael

I think we are in as long as it isn't Sept 23rd-24th. We will be out of the country checking out 2010 Winter Olympics venues.

Hey There

I'd like to attend - but as I am from Camas I would prefer somewhere 3hrs or less.

As a pro-photographer - If the scenery is absolutely amazing and/or has mountains/lakes/waterfalls near by - I don't care how far I have to drive if the photo opportunities are worth it.

Keep me posted as to when/where

Thanks & have a great week everyone!

Mike

For a N00B run, I'd strongly recommend Tahuya. Stockers can do this run if they wanted to, which makes it's a good way for folks to decide if they like doing this off-road thing or not. :)

If we're talking more about trail-ready rigs, I'm all for Reiter Pit or Evan's Creek!

If I can even make it... :: grumble :: Is there a date set yet?

If it's before Oct 22, I'll bring the whole fam damily. Wife will drive:twak:

I already got the 15-16th off. It better be that weekend, unless you just want to make it on the 24th. Considering it is Tehuya, I would rather make it a one day run. But, whatever.

I need to do my brakes and will be doing the locker at the same time on the front. I also need to cut and trim. It probably won't get done to my other projects.

Today I tuned up the GLH and spend 5 hours helping a co-worker move. Tomorrow I am going to help them finish and work on my garage some more.

No one here cares, but I my garage project has been organizing and moving everything around so I can build a hobby room/storage to lock the boys out of. Long story short...

Anyway, Gonna go BBQ

Jason

Back